The Astros Community Clubhouse is located on the main concourse behind section 107. This booth is a central location for many in-park community activities, including Astros In Action Foundation memorabilia auctions and Astros Buddies Kids Club membership registration.
- August 17-19: Astros Buddies Kids Club registration, premium item pick-up and monthly rewards
- August 17 and 18: Astros In Action Foundation memorabilia auction
AUGUST 17-19: PROJECT PLAYHOUSE
The Astros are partnering with HomeAid Houston, a charitable organization of the Greater Houston Builders Association, to help combat homelessness. Fans can purchase $5 raffle tickets for a chance to win the one-of-a-kind playhouse modeled after Minute Maid Park. Playhouse amenities include a wall mounted 32" LCD TV, Xbox 360 with Kinect, iPod with docking station, mini refrigerator and window-unit style air conditioning. The playhouse is located at section 105 and raffle tickets are available during the August 17-19 homestand. The winning ticket will be drawn on Sunday, August 19, during the seventh inning.
AUGUST 17: JEDI WARRIORS
Astros shortstop Jed Lowrie and his wife Milessa this season are sponsoring Jedi Warriors, a program supporting wounded soldiers. One Friday a month, Lowrie is hosting a group of former military members from the Wounded Warrior Project for a unique Astros experience. The 20 attendees receive a ticket to the game, $20 towards ballpark purchases and they meet Jed after watching batting practice from the field.
AUGUST 17: TEAM 20
This summer, Astros starting pitcher Bud Norris is sponsoring Team 20, a program that provides an upbeat Astros experience for pediatric cancer patients. Norris is working with Candlelighters, an organization that provides emotional, educational and practical support to children with cancer and their families. Each of the 20 attendees receives a ticket to the game and $15 towards ballpark purchases. After watching batting practice, they meet Bud and have the opportunity to get autographs.
AUGUST 18: MEET YOUR ASTROS – FREE AUTOGRAPH SESSIONS
- Jose Altuve: 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Best Buy, 16980 Southwest Fwy., Sugar Land, TX 78232
- Justin Maxwell: 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Best Buy, 20408 Highway 59, Humble, TX 77338
- Jose Cruz: 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Best Buy, 9670 Katy Fwy., Houston, TX 77055
- Larry Dierker: 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Best Buy, 7317 FM 1960 Road West, Houston, TX 77070
- Jimmy Wynn: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Westside Chevrolet, 23001 Katy Fwy., Katy, TX 77450
- Shane Reynolds: 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m., Finnegan Chevrolet, 26529 Southwest Fwy., Rosenberg, TX 77471
- Brian Bogusevic: 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m., Astros Team Store, Union Station at Minute Maid Park
AUGUST 19: HOME SWEET HOME
Each Sunday game, the Astros host the Home Sweet Home program sponsored by Budweiser. A small group of active duty military personnel who have recently returned from overseas service take part in a special Astros experience that includes a player meet and greet. The group watches the game from a suite, catered with complimentary food and beverages and they are introduced prior to the seventh inning singing of “God Bless America.” USO Houston coordinates the participating military members. Information about all the Astros military efforts is available at www.astros.com/militaryappreciation.