TORONTO -- Paul Konerko has been participating in baseball activities and is set to rejoin the White Sox on Friday
in Kansas City, the day he is eligible to come off the seven-day disabled list.
The slugger, who sustained a concussion against the Royals on Aug. 7, has taken batting practice and participated in other light baseball drills and, so far, has checked out fine with no reported setbacks.
"Everything is looking pretty good that he would be able to come off Friday and be able to play," manager
Robin Ventura said.
Ventura said he would likely use Konerko as the team's designated hitter for his first couple games back, which would likely keep Adam Dunn at first base to start Chicago's three-game set in Kansas City.
In Konerko's absence, Ventura has put together a number of different lineups, but said things would likely
return to normal once Konerko returns, meaning the order would feature Dunn as the club's three-
hitter, followed by Konerko, Alex Rios and A.J. Pierzynski.
Konerko, a six-time All-Star, is batting .316, with 18 homers, 54 RBIs and an .892 OPS.
Although Ventura is optimistic about Konerko's return, nothing is a given due to the uncertainty of concussions.
"Just keep your fingers crossed that everything is fine," Ventura said.