You'll find deeper and broader navigation; a sportier look featuring New Arrivals and Top Sellers; the first chance to write product reviews; and in general a more intense baseball experience for fans who want to shop on their own terms. The MLB.com gift guru has already shopped around for you and presents these 20 cool ways to join the fun:
1. Back to School Backpacks. Many families will be turning to the MLB.com Shop for one of these, anyway, so now is the time. That Phillies XL Trooper Pack, for example, retails for $44.95 so you would take a 10-spot off that price. Throw in a Study Buddy, too.
2. Fenway Park 100 Years Slugger Hood. The greatest sellout streak in Major League Baseball history goes on in Boston, and this sweatshirt from '47 Brand is a great way to mark an historic moment in the life of America's Most Beloved Ballpark. You'll save $16 on this one.
3. Matt Cain Perfect Game DVD. This A&E Home Video is just out and a hot item for Giants fans reliving the June 13 masterpiece, and the discount means you get a copy for under $10. You might also like the same Giants Authentic Triple Peak Premier Jacket Cain wears when it gets chilly.
5. Tigers Authentic Collection Featherweight Tech Fleece. Wear exactly what Miguel Cabrera wears underneath it all as he mashes baseballs.
6. Authentic Mike Trout Home Jersey. You can take $57 off the exact version of the No. 27 Cool Base jersey that the Angels' rookie and American League MVP candidate has been wearing since starting his meteoric rise in the game.
7. Cubs Bleacher Seat Adjustable Cap. If you are one of those shirtless Bleacher Bums at Wrigley Field, do us a favor and at least order one of these. You'll save enough for another Old Style.
8. Dodgers 1/4 Zip Jacket. There could be a lot more baseball coming to Chavez Ravine once the regular season ends. Just in case, it might be nice to have this fully lined jacket, which features self fabric applique team logo on left chest and team name across center back, single welt pockets and licra binding on the bottom hem.
9. Reds Baby Gear. It remains to be seen whether the Reds will stay atop the National League Central, but MLB's oldest franchise is here for the long haul and it's always safe to welcome a new fan with a boys or girls creeper set or a newborn long sleeve coverall.
10. Celebrate Chipper Jones. This one is obviously No. 10. Commemorate the illustrious career of the Braves' retiring third baseman by ordering his career gold coin photo mint. Take $20 off the $99.99 retail price and hang it for the homestretch . . . and beyond.
11. Key Strap Packs.. This will let you take team spirit with you anywhere and it also will make the workplace more enjoyable. The badge holder is a great item for those who are required to wear ID badges, as the metal clip allows for easy attachment.
12. Women's Rib Tanks. This 100-percent cotton baby rib is a longer-length tank from Soft as a Grape. It features distressed screenprint graphic at front chest and comes in plus sizes as well.
13. Ichiro Suzuki No. 31 Yankees T-shirt. A lot of people have been adding this to their closets full of Bomber apparel, and you can get yours for a bargain. Just choose Ichiro in the custom drop-down menu and it will be only $29.59 thanks to this sale.
14. Strasburg Collection. Save 20 percent on 30 items dedicated to Nationals ace Stephen Strasburg, from bobbleheads to jerseys to screen-prints to personalized tees.
15. Athletics Authentic Home Performance 59FIFTY Cap. This New Era product is the official on-field cap of walk-offs. Pick out your size and start saving.
16. A.J. Pierzynski Collectible Mini Figure. His home run streak may be over, but the White Sox catcher has his own OYO.
17. Indians Men's Custom Long Sleeve T-shirt. That cool weather will come in off Lake Erie before you know it, and now is a good time to prepare by using the customization app. Add your own special touch with team logos and/or name and number for multiple styles.
18. iPad cases. These work for iPad 2 or 3, and you can choose between the version with the team logo or the stadium version for that ballpark feel.
19. Victoria's Secret Player PINK T-shirt. If you want to get attention in the stands, go to Turner Field wearing this No. 22 Jason Heyward tee. Of course, another way to command attention is to go for one of the new chest-thumping Rivalry tees from Majestic Athletic.
20. Rays Hi Def Clock. The first thing you notice is that the hands move opposite the usual direction of baserunners. The second thing you notice is that it is time on Tuesday for Evan Longoria to make his return to The Show.
Baseball cards, video games, Tommy Bahama apparel, MLB equipment, MLB.TV subscriptions and select memorabilia items are excluded from the sale.