Saturday, August 4 – Cleveland Indians (Probables: Fister vs. Jimenez) @ 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
· Game Ball Delivery: Specialist William Drivinski of the United States Army National Guard from Allen Park will deliver the game ball. He recently returned from Iraq after a one-year deployment and has proudly served the Army for two years.
· The first 10,000 fans 21-and-over will receive a ¡Fiesta Tigres! Mug, courtesy of Miller Lite.
· Saturday Night Fireworks, presented by Verizon and themed to Latino music, will take place following the game (weather permitting).
· ¡Fiesta Tigres! Celebration: The Tigers will host the seventh annual ¡Fiesta Tigres! Celebration, sponsored by Miller Lite, to recognize and honor the contributions of Hispanic and Latino players to the game of baseball. Current Tigers players with Hispanic or Latino heritage will be honored as part of the Fiesta Tigres celebration. In addition to current Tigers players, the Tigers will host former Tigers player and three-time All-Star, Carlos Guillen, who will be honored in a special pregame ceremony and will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. McDonald's is teaming up with the Hispanic Heritage Baseball Museum Hall of Fame to celebrate the contributions of Latino players to baseball. As part of the 2012 program, Carlos Guillen will be inducted into the Hispanic Heritage Baseball Museum Hall of Fame. Guillen will also be the featured guest at the Fiesta Tigres Luncheon on Friday, hosted by MillerCoors. McDonald's will host an interactive station at Columbia Plaza for all fans to enjoy baseball-related games, McDonald's samplings, a live DJ and much more. Fiesta Tigres will feature folkloric dance group Moyocoyani Izel and musical acts Mariachi Cora, Orchestra Sensacional, Tumbao Bravo, Los Primos along with DJ Rob-Play NYC and DJ Cisco spinning the latest Latino jams. The live music will compliment the décor of flags from Spanish-speaking countries adorning the park along with photos of past and present Hispanic and Latino Tigers players. Don’t miss out on this special celebration! No se pierdan esta celebración especial!
· UMPS Care: Through the UMPS Care Ticket program, guests will receive complimentary game tickets, a Tigers cap, food and beverage vouchers, baseball-themed items and a photo to remember their experience at Comerica Park. Additionally all guests are given the opportunity to meet the umpires and take a photo on the field. Participants are selected through the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program. The entire program is courtesy of UMPS Care Charities.
Sunday, August 5 – Kids Day – Cleveland Indians (Probables: Scherzer vs. TBA) @ 1:05 p.m. (Gates open at 11:30 a.m.)
· All kids 14-and-younger will receive a pair of “Every Kid, Every Sunday” Replica Jose Valverde Glasses, courtesy of DMC.
· Musical group TRUE, featuring Darbi Dombrowski, daughter of Tigers President, CEO and General Manager David Dombrowski, will perform the national anthem.
· All Sunday home games are Kids Days at Comerica Park. All kids 14-and-younger will receive a free promotional item as part of the “Every Kid, Every Sunday” giveaway guarantee, can enjoy free rides courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, can take part in free face painting, have the chance to win a bicycle and are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases courtesy of Aquafina and Meijer following the game.
Monday, August 6 – New York Yankees @ 7:09 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
· Game Ball Delivery: Master Sergeant Tamika Nelson of the United States Army from Detroit, Michigan will deliver the game ball. She recently returned from deployment in Iraq. She has been awarded the Defense Meritorious Service Medal and the Meritorious Medal with OLC and is a member of the prestigious Sergeant Morales Club. She has proudly served the United States Army for 20 years.
· Michigan native and “The Voice” finalist Tony Lucca will perform the national anthem.
Tuesday, August 7 – New York Yankees @ 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
· Game Ball Delivery: Corporal Kevin Jerome of the United States Marines from Warren, Michigan will deliver the game ball. He recently returned from his second tour of duty in Afghanistan. While in Afghanistan, his brave actions earned him a nomination for a Purple Heart.
· Ruby Amanfu, Grammy Award-nominated singer-songwriter now touring with Jack White, will perform the national anthem.
Wednesday, August 8 – New York Yankees @ 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
· Game Ball Delivery: Airman Skye Kelley of the United States Navy from Charlotte, MI will deliver the game ball. She recently returned from a tour of duty in Japan aboard the USS Essex and USS Bonhomme Richard and is air warfare and surface warfare qualified.
· The first 10,000 fans will receive a Detroit Tigers Tailgate Plate, courtesy of BallPark and Kroger.
· Detroit Tigers Hometown Championship Ceremony: A part of Play Baseball Detroit, the 2012 Detroit Tigers Hometown Championship is a youth baseball and softball tournament that will be held in Detroit for children ages 8-19. The tournament is designed to showcase the best talent in the city while raising the level of competition. The tournament will be hosted August 2-5 in Detroit at three locations. 2012 marks the 16th year of this popular tournament hosted in partnership by the Youth Development Commission, the city of Detroit Parks & Recreation Department, and the Detroit Tigers Foundation, an affiliate of Ilitch Charities. The seven winning teams from the Hometown Championship will be honored during an on-field pregame ceremony at Comerica Park. Joining the winning teams on the field will be nearly 1,000 players and coaches who played in the Hometown Championship as they participate in a parade of teams around the field.
Thursday, August 9 – New York Yankees @ 1:05 p.m. (Gates open at 11:30 a.m.)
· Game Ball Delivery: Lieutenant Commander Steven Bailey of the United States Navy from Midland, Michigan will deliver the game ball. He recently returned from his fourth deployment in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and has proudly served the United States Navy for 24 years.
*BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THESE DELICIOUS NEW FOOD ITEMS AT COMERICA PARK!*
* Souvenir Nacho Helmet (Big Cat Court)- Supreme nachos in a batters helmet topped to your liking.
* Fresh Burgers (Big Cat Court, 313 Burger Co.) - Hand pattied ground beef, lightly seasoned, grilled and topped to order (single or double).
* Grown Up Grilled Cheese (MI Craft Beer Stand) - Four local cheeses melted between lightly toasted, fresh baked multi-grain bread.
* Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog – Delicious grilled hot dog wrapped in bacon.
* Smokehouse Brisket (Brushfire Grill) - Secret dry rub seasoned and hickory smoked in house, brushed with house barbecue sauce and served on a cornmeal dusted kaiser roll served with chips, cole slaw and a pickle.
* Pulled Pork Sandwich (Brushfire Grill) - House smoked pork shoulder with hickory wood served on a cornmeal dusted kaiser roll, brushed with barbecue sauce and served with potato chips, cole slaw and a pickle.
Verlander’s Victory for Veterans: When Justin Verlander takes the mound at Comerica Park, he strives for victory. This season, his outings on the hill take on a new meaning. For each of his home starts, Verlander will host Veterans from the John D. Dingell Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Detroit and the Veterans Affairs Ann Arbor Healthcare System. These Veterans sustained injuries or illness in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom or in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. The Veterans along with their families cheer on the Tigers from the comfort of Verlander’s personal luxury suite. After serving our country, the special day provides American veterans the opportunity to enjoy a Tigers game with their family. All guests receive a Verlander’s Victory for Veterans T-shirt and are welcomed on the video board during the game. Veterans also receive a personalized welcome letter from Verlander. When you see Verlander on the mound, he is not only playing for his team and Tigers fans around the world, he is also playing for America’s heroes.