· Fans will enjoy live music from the Braves Band of the Year contestants, The Quaildogs, rocking out in Fan Plaza prior to the game.
· A giant flag held by Braves staff and their family members will cover the outfield.
· The U.S. Army Old guard Fife & Drums Corps will perform the national anthem.
· A 4-ship of T-6 Texans out of Vance Air Force Base from Oklahoma will perform a flyover.
· During the sixth inning, the Braves will pay tribute to a local “Hometown Hero,” a WWII and Korean War Vet, from the United States military.
· Local fan-favorite, Timothy Miller, from the Atlanta Opera will perform God Bless American during the seventh inning stretch.
· Following the matchup between the Braves and the Chicago Cubs, the post-game “All American Fireworks Spectacular,” presented by Publix Super Markets, will feature a dazzling display of pyrotechnics, choreographed to patriotic music that will light up the Atlanta skyline in red, white and blue.
Helpful Hints for Fans visiting the Independence Day Celebrations July 3-4:
· Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance on Braves.com/tickets.
· Pre-purchase parking on Braves.com/parking or take MARTA - Turner Field parking maps can be found at www.braves.com/parking along with detailed directions, parking and traffic information.
· Arrive Early – Gates open 2.5 hours prior to first pitch on the 4th of July. Fans are encourages to come out and enjoy all the pregame festivities in Fan Plaza, including live music from The Quaildogs and pregame Military tributes.
Atlanta Braves game tickets, starting as low as $6, are available at braves.com/tickets, the Braves Ticket Office at Turner Field, the Braves Clubhouse Store at the CNN Center, all PUBLIX Ticketmaster outlets, or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
About Atlanta Braves
The Atlanta Braves have earned 14 division championships, five National League pennants, a World Series title and most recently were the 2010 National League Wild Card Champions. Based in Atlanta since 1966, the Braves franchise is the longest continuously operating franchise in Major League Baseball. Atlanta Braves games are telecast on FS South, SportSouth, and Peachtree TV. Radiobroadcasts can be heard in Atlanta on 680 the Fan, Rock 100 FM, 93.7 FM and regionally on the Atlanta Braves Radio Network. Follow the Braves at braves.com, facebook.com/braves, and twitter.com/braves.