ROUND ROCK -- Triple-A Round Rock outfielders Julio Borbon and Leonys Martin, both on the disabled list, could be back in the lineup sometime next week.
Borbon, who injured his groin trying to beat out a ground ball in last Sunday's 19-3 win over Nashville, says that he's at about 70-75 percent. He will be available to come off the DL on Tuesday, when the Express finish a four-game series against Albuquerque.
"I should be pretty close," Borbon said of returning for the finale against the Isotopes. "A day or two more, and I should be ready to go."
Borbon was placed on the DL twice last year, once in May after straining his left hamstring and again in July after suffering a season-ending injury to his left ankle.
"This happened to me twice last year," Borbon said. "I can't control any of that. It's out of my reach. I'm just going to try to get back as soon as I can. I'm not concerned about anything else."
Borbon was riding a 15-game hitting streak before his groin injury, hitting .446 during that stretch, and .304 with five home runs, 24 RBIs and 10 stolen bases for the season. He batted .270 in 32 games with the Rangers last season.
"I'm confident now and happy with the progress," Borbon said. "I'm just concerned about getting back to being comfortable and doing the things that I could do before the groin [injury]. You just have to give it a couple more days and let it build up as the body allows it to."
Martin, a .347 hitter this year for Round Rock, has spent the past month on the disabled list after undergoing surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb. He suffered the injury sliding into first base on a bunt single during a 6-3 win over New Orleans on May 1.
Martin was expected to be out for 6-8 weeks following the surgery. He has been hitting in the batting cages and running the bases. It's been nearly five weeks since Martin had surgery.