Fans attending the Phillies vs. Mets game on Tuesday, May 8 at 7:05 p.m. will be treated to the ninth annual Asian Pacific Celebration at Citizens Bank Park.
Highlights include ethnic foods, music and dancing that represent the rich cultural traditions from many Asian countries. Entertainment begins at 5:45 p.m. at the entrance gates and continues during on-field pregame ceremonies, including a first pitch by Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto. Special concessions in Ashburn Alley (behind section 142) will feature Asian delicacies. Artist Barbara Pearl will have an origami demonstration in the Hall of Fame Club.
Schedule of Entertainment
• Left Field Gate - Bollywood Dreams Entertainment presents an Indian Bhangra performance by TCNJ Saathiya and a traditional Dhol performance by Neil Desai. Music by DJ Ravi Jackson.
• Right Field Gate - Aloha Hula Show with a traditional Hula performance.
• First Base Plaza - Filipino Intercultural Society of Drexel University (FISDU) will perform.
• Third Base Plaza - Philadelphia Suns Chinese Lion Dancers, who were recently honored by President Obama, will perform.
• Philadelphia Suns Chinese Lion Dancers will perform a Chinese Lion Dance.
• Filipino Intercultural Society of Drexel University (FISDU) will showcase a traditional Filipino dance.
• University of Pennsylvania Pan-Asian Dance Troupe.
• Hoh Daiko Japanese-style Drumming.
• National Anthem: Philadelphia Master Chorale.
• 5th inning: The MeiMei Dancers will perform with the Phanatic.
• 7th inning: TCNJ Saathiya will perform with the Phanatic.
• Penn Masala will perform "Take Me out to the Ballgame".
Tickets are still available. In honor of the evening, tickets may be purchased at a special discount. Go to www.phillies.com/themenights for more information.