“You could say that for generations baseball has always been in the business of creating memories and meaningful experiences for its fans. In today’s world, social media has become the fundamental way for fans to share their memories and experiences with each other and with their friends. It’s our goal to facilitate our fans’ ability to share these memories and stories with each other through social media, while also using these tools and strategies to enrich and enhance the Marlins experience for them at the very same time,” said Alex Buznego, Marlins Digital & Social Media Manager.
Also new for 2012:
• The MLB.com “At the Ballpark” mobile application complements and personalizes your trip to Marlins Park with mobile food ordering capabilities so as to minimize time spent in food lines, as well as offering interactive ballpark amenities maps, location-based “check-in” capabilities, and more.
• Free in-park WiFi is a first on the Miami sports scene and intended to facilitate and allow for social interactions between Marlins fans in attendance at Marlins Park with those watching the Marlins around the world.
• Special “Marlins Park” pages on Facebook and Twitter serve to facilitate location-based check-ins, communicate roof openings and closings prior to game times, and more.
• Special Social Media Nights will serve to host bloggers, Twitter account holders and other loyal social media users surrounding the brand.
• Other activities include: exclusive ticket discounts and offers for social media users, three in-game text-to-win promotions, and the award-winning MLB.com At Bat 2012® mobile application, which allows fans to follow games live alongside home and away radio broadcasts, in-progress video highlights and their MLB.TV Premium subscription.
As always, the Marlins’ digital platforms are available in both English and Spanish so as to provide relevant messaging to all fans, including the nation of Marlins fans across Latin America. The Marlins’ Digital efforts go beyond social media, and also consist of mobile and location-based strategies, usage of online video, digital advertising strategies, email marketing strategies, a content and video-rich website at marlins.com, and more, putting the Marlins on the leading edge of interactive and digital marketing strategies across the board.
“Social media represents a shift in Marketing approaches: we aren’t talking to our fans anymore, we’re talking with them in authentic two-way conversations, engaging our fans with the brand in ways never before possible, forming deeper bonds with generations and with families,” said Sean Flynn, Marlins SVP of Marketing and Event Booking.
Please visit marlins.com/connect, facebook.com/marlins and twitter.com/marlins for more information.
Fans are encouraged to engage with the Marlins community on Twitter. Official Marlins Twitter: @Marlins, Official Marlins Twitter (Español): @LosMarlins, Marlins Park page: @MarlinsPark, Billy the Marlin: @BillytheMarlin, Marlins Media Relations: @MarlinsMedia. Twitter Accounts of the Fish in Uniform: Heath Bell: @HeathBell21, Emilio Bonifacio: @elboni_1, John Buck: @14BuckShot, Steve Cishek: @srSHREK31, Brett Hayes: @bretthayes9, Dan Jennings: @LtDanJennings, Logan Morrison: @LoMoMarlins, Ricky Nolasco: @RNolasco47, Bryan Petersen: @PeteyPipes, Hanley Ramirez: @HanleyRamirez, Gaby Sanchez: @GabySanchez15, Giancarlo Stanton: @Giancarlo27_. Marlins Coaching Staff: Ozzie Guillen: @OzzieGuillen, Eduardo Perez: @PerezEd. Other Marlins-Affiliated Twitter Accounts: Glenn Geffner, Radio Broadcaster: @GlennGeffner, Joe Frisaro, Beat Writer: @JoeFrisaro, Dick Sanford, PA Announcer: @marlinspa, Katherine, Marlins Vision Host: @HostKatherine.