SAN DIEGO – The San Diego Padres today announced a new Military Season Pass for junior enlisted military personnel (pay grades E1-E3 only). The $99 pass entitles the holder to one Upper Reserved seat for up to 80 home games in 2012 (excludes Opening Day April 5).
Currently on sale exclusively at local military bases, beginning Saturday, February 11 at FanFest, Military Season Passes will also be available for purchase at the Petco Park box office. A Military ID is required for both purchase and use of the Military Season Pass. When presented with a Military ID at the Petco Park box office on any game day (excluding Opening Day), the non-transferable card entitles the holder to one Upper Reserved ticket to that day’s game. Such tickets are not eligible for upgrade. Additional tickets may be purchased at the Padres’ regular military discount.
As in years past, all active duty military personnel, reservists and veterans will continue to enjoy $6 off single-game tickets priced $13.50 or higher, with the exception of All-You-Can-Eat seats.
The Padres also announced today the 2012 Military Appreciation Sundays schedule (listed below). Continuing this season, Padres players will wear Marine digital camouflage uniforms for Sunday home games as the club honors each branch of the military on dedicated appreciation days. New in 2012, the Padres have added a Military Spouse Appreciation game, as well as a Salute to the Military Child and Military Family Appreciation Day to honor those who also serve. In addition, every home game in 2012 will feature a “Military Moment,” highlighting the accomplishments and sacrifices of San Diego’s service members and their families.
2012 Military Appreciation Sundays
- April 22: Military Opening Day
- May 6: Military Spouse Appreciation
- May 20: Salute to the Military Child
- June 3: U.S. Navy Appreciation
- June 24: U.S. Army Appreciation
- July 8: U.S. Marine Corps Appreciation
- July 22: California National Guard Appreciation
- Aug. 5: U.S. Coast Guard Appreciation
- Aug. 19: Salute to Veterans
- Sept. 9: Military Family Appreciation
- Sept. 16: U.S. Air Force Appreciation
- Sept. 30: Military Salute: POW/MIA Appreciation