The Pittsburgh Pirates will host the 22nd PirateFest at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center on, Saturday, December 17 and Sunday, December 18. PirateFest is a giant indoor baseball carnival for the entire family, featuring live events, free autograph sessions, prizes, games, youth baseball clinics, the Pirate Parrot and much more.
This year’s event will feature the following:
• 93.7 The Fan autograph party featuring free autographs with Pirates players, including Andrew McCutchen, Neil Walker, Joel Hanrahan, Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, James McDonald, Daniel McCutchen, Kevin Correia, Jeff Karstens, Chris Resop, Brad Lincoln, Alex Presley, Michael McKenry, Clint Barmes and Rod Barajas.
• Autograph sessions with Pirates alumni Doug Drabek, Andy Van Slyke, Jose “Chico” Lind, Mike LaValliere and Kent Tekulve.
• The KDKA baseball field, which will host Youth Baseball Clinics with Pirates coaches.
• Q&A Sessions with the players as well as “Ask Pirates Management” with Pirates President Frank Coonelly, Pirates Executive Vice President and General Manager Neal Huntington and Pirates Manager Clint Hurdle.
• The chance to join your favorite players in versions of Pirates “Minute to Win It” and “Jeopardy”, take on Pirates players in “Wii Home Run Derby”, play “Deal Or No Deal” and take part in Pierogie Eating Contests.
• A Seven Springs rock climbing wall, plus other Seven Springs activities.
• The Y108 Kids Fun Zone featuring many activities for children, including inflatable rides, batting cages and speed pitch, along with nutritional information on a variety of foods available at Giant Eagle.
• Pirates “Lost Treasures” area to include authentic game-worn jerseys, and game-used bats, baseballs and more available for purchase.
• A charity silent auction with proceeds to benefit Pirates Charities.
• Fans will also have an opportunity to have their picture taken with Parrot Claus.
• Information on 2012 Pirates Season Ticket Packages and Group Outings.
• Information on the Pirates 2012 promotional schedule.
• All fans attending PirateFest will receive a 2012 Pirates wall calendar, 2012 pocket schedule and PirateFest program upon entrance.
Fans will also have a chance to win an opportunity to sing the Star Spangled Banner at a Pirates Home Game in 2012 dur- ing the first ever “Oh Say Can You Sing?” competition at this year’s PirateFest. Fans interested in trying out for the “Oh Say Can You Sing?” competition will sing a Holiday carol of their choice a cappella for a panel of judges during auditions each day.
The judges will then pass out 20 “golden tickets” throughout the day, where those fans will move on to participate in the “Oh Say Can You Sing?” competition on the Star 100.7 Stage held each evening at PirateFest. Of the 20 daily contestants, judges will select one winner each day (three total), who will sing the Star Spangled Banner at a Pirates home game in 2012.
“Our fans have been extremely supportive of the Pirates, especially during this past season, and we want to show our ap- preciation by expanding PirateFest in order to add more attractions and better accommodate the expected crowds,” said Pi- rates President Frank Coonelly.
Fans are also encouraged to donate a toy for the Toys for Tots toy drive. Any fan who donates a toy will be given a Pirates “P” cookie cutter.
In addition, the Pirates have partnered with Central Blood Bank to host a holiday blood drive at this year’s PirateFest on Saturday and Sunday. Any fan who donates blood will receive free admission to this year’s PirateFest.
Tickets for PirateFest are on sale now. Tickets are $12.00 for adults and $4.00 for fans ages 14 and younger and can be purchased in advance at www.pirates.com/piratefest, by calling 1-800-BUY-BUCS or at the door at the convention center.
Hours for PirateFest are 10 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 17 and noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 18. Pirates Season Ticket Holders will have exclusive access to PirateFest on Friday, December 16.
Fans can visit www.pirates.com/piratefest for more information on the full schedule of events throughout the weekend. Schedules will be updated as they are finalized, so fans are encouraged to visit the site regularly.
Also on Saturday, December 17, in conjunction with PirateFest, individual game tickets for the Pirates’ 2012 season will go on sale for the first time beginning at 10:00 a.m. Fans can purchase tickets to all Pirates home games at PirateFest, the PNC Park box office, online at www.pirates.com or by phone at 1-877-893-BUCS.