Cleveland plans to take its time in weighing its options.
"I don't think too much has changed," general manager Chris Antonetti said on Wednesday. "I would expect our decision on both Fausto and Grady to come down to [being made] on or around the deadline that is in place. These are big decisions for us."
Sizemore, who underwent surgery on his right knee on Oct. 3, has a club option worth $9 million for the 2012 season. If the Indians decide against exercising the option, the team would be required to pay a $500,000 buyout, which would then make Sizemore eligible for free agency this winter.
Carmona -- coming off an inconsistent season for the Indians -- has a club option worth $7 million for next season. If the Indians elect not to pick up the option, Carmona would still be under team control and eligible for salary arbitration.
Members of the Indians' front office convened last week in Goodyear, Ariz., to begin deliberations over upcoming moves, including the options for Sizemore and Carmona. Antonetti said he will continue to weigh the team's options in the days leading up to the deadline.
"We're still working through the process," Antonetti said. "It's not something where you just make a decision. It takes time."