Also, during the Phillies-Dodgers series the Phillies are hosting #CollegeSeries. College students and recent graduates are invited to go behind-the-scenes with Phillies executives prior to select games:
- Mon., Sept. 18, Phillies College Sport & Facility Management Night for sport management, business, hospitality, facility and food management students.
- Tues., Sept. 19, Phillies College Business Analytics Night for business intelligence/analytics, economics, MIS/ information technology/computer science, finance, marketing, business and sport management students.
- Wed., Sept. 20, Phillies College Business Law & Finance Night for pre-law, law, political science, finance, business and sport management students.
Visit phillies.com/collegenight for a full list of sessions and speakers.
- Phillies Major and Minor League Service Awards to be presented Monday.
Also on Monday, the Phillies Major and Minor League Service Awards will be presented on-field. The Phillies Major League Community Service Award will be presented to Cameron Rupp in recognition of his work with the Pennsylvania SPCA. Presenting the award will be John Weber, Phillies Senior Vice President of Sales and Ticket Operations and President, Phillies Charities, Inc.
Players in the Phillies minor league system volunteered a total of 1,006 hours during the 2017 season as part of the Step Up program. The Phillies Minor League Community Service Awards will be presented to the players with the highest number of volunteer hours in each minor league team:
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs: Michael Mariot
- Reading Fightin Phils: Cole Irvin
- Clearwater Threshers: Luke Leftwich
- Lakewood BlueClaws: Will Hibbs
- Williamsport Crosscutters: Kyle Young
Presenting the awards is Joe Jordan, Phillies Director, Player Development.
- Flyers' Claude Giroux is in the building (and on the field). Plus, Phillies Paul Owens Award presentation and Band Night Tuesday.
On Tuesday, Sept. 19, Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux will throw out the ceremonial first pitch on behalf of The Claude Giroux Foundation, CG28, which supports various organizations that better the lives of individuals and families in need throughout the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Hearst, Ontario communities.
Also on Tuesday, the Phillies will present the 2017 Paul Owens Awards to second baseman Scott Kingery and right-handed pitcher Tom Eshelman. This award was established in 1986 to honor the top player and pitcher in the minor league system and named in honor of Paul Owens, who spent 48 years in the Phillies organization as a scout, farm director, general manager, manager and senior advisor. Presenting the award are Paul Owens' grandchildren joined by Matt Klentak, Phillies Vice President and General Manager, and Joe Jordan, Phillies Director, Player Development.
Plus, the Phillies along with the Sforzando Music Group are hosting the third annual Phillies Band Night at Citizens Bank Park. Bands from the following schools will perform together pregame on Citizens Bank Way:
- AMP Winterguard, Camden, NJ
- Council Rock High School South, Holland, PA
- DeMasi Middle School, Marlton, NJ
- Easton Area High School Band, Easton, PA
- Elizabethtown Area Middle School- Elizabethtown, PA
- Lower Cape May Regional High School, Cape May, NJ
- Marlton Middle School, Marlton, NJ
- Ocean City High School, Ocean City, NJ
- Richard M. Teitelman Middle School, Cape May, NJ
- Ridley High School, Folsom, PA
- Washington Township High School, Sewell, NJ
- Whitehall High School, Whitehall, PA
Washington Township Minutemen Marching Band will perform a 10-minute show and the Easton Area High School Red Rover Marching Band will perform the National Anthem.
- Top scout honored with Dallas Green Award on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, Sept. 20, the Dallas Green Award will be presented to Phillies Amateur Scout, Joey Davis. This award is presented annually to an amateur or professional scout who best exemplifies the Phillies' standard for scouting while demonstrating the same loyalty, work ethic and dedication as Dallas Green. Presenting the award are Matt Klentak, Phillies Vice President and General Manager and Johnny Almaraz, Phillies Director, Amateur Scouting.
- Soak up the final days of summer at Thursday's Citizens Bank Businessperson's Special!
On Thursday, Sept. 21, fans are invited to head out of the office and enjoy an afternoon of baseball at the Citizens Bank Businessperson's Special during the 1:05 p.m. Phillies-Dodgers game. It's a great way to kick back with coworkers or entertain a client.
Gate Openings: Ashburn Alley opens two hours prior to game time; all gates open one and a half hours prior to game time.
Fandom: Check-in using Ballpark, Citizens Bank Park's official mobile app, to receive special offers for retail, concessions and more. Also, follow the action via @Phillies on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat.
Broadcast: For the most up-to-date TV broadcast schedule, please go to Phillies.com. MLB.TV and SportsRadio 94WIP will host all games during the season. CSN Philly will stream the games, as well as the pre-game and post-game shows, on www.csnphilly.com and on the NBC Sports app.
Traffic: Log on to www.511pa.com, www.511nj.org or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions. Transit services are also available; for a SEPTA schedule please visit www.septa.org.