Also on Friday, the Phillies are celebrating Cheesesteak Fest Night in honor of "Philly's Cheesesteak & Food Fest 2017" being held at Citizens Bank Park on Saturday, September 23. To celebrate this upcoming fest, four cheesesteak "celebrities" - Susan Baldino from Phillips Steaks, Frank Olivieri from Pat's Steaks and Dave Feldman Jr. and Sr. from the Cheesesteak Fest - will join Cheesy the Cheesesteak on-field for a special ceremonial first pitch prior to that night's game.
- POW/MIA National Day of Recognition and Chevy Awards of Valor presented on Friday.
Friday, September 15, is also the POW/MIA National Day of Recognition, a date designated to remember those who were prisoners of war (POW) and those who are missing in action (MIA), as well as their families. The Phillies acknowledge this with a POW/MIA Chair behind Section 110 as a reminder of the more than 92,000 American soldiers still unaccounted for.
Prior to Friday's game, Chevy Awards of Valor will be presented to local heroes on-field. The Chevy Awards of Valor honor extraordinary living police and firefighters in the tri-state area who are heroes and role models and have made an impact in their communities through their heroics and bravery.
- This rookie is automatic, he's systematic, he's hydromatic - he's Rhys Lightning - and the Phillies are offering a special ticket bundle this series!
Thanks to rookie sensation and winner of the National League Rookie of the Month Award for August, Rhys Hoskins, the Phillies are offering fans a special ticket bundle during the Oakland A's series, September 15-17.
The Rhys Lightning Ticket Bundle includes a ticket on the Scoreboard Porch (Sections 241-245) and a limited-edition Rhys Lightning T-shirt for $17.
- Pediatric Cancer Awareness Night presented by Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children on Saturday. Plus, final Bud & Burger Night of the season.
The Phillies are partnering with Nemours/ Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, the official children's hospital of the Phillies, to host Pediatric Cancer Awareness Night on Saturday, September 16. Special pregame activities will start at 5:35 p.m. and will occur throughout the 7:05 p.m. Phillies vs. the Oakland A's game. Highlights include:
- Limited-edition #PhilliesGoGold Hat. The first 500 people to purchase tickets through the Pediatric Cancer Awareness Night page will receive a #PhilliesGoGold hat. Plus, a portion of the proceeds from each ticket purchased through this event will benefit pediatric cancer research through the Nemours Foundation.
- Lineup of Courage on-field. Nine children battling pediatric cancer from Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children and several additional local hospitals will be introduced and line up along the first baseline with Phillies players prior to the National Anthem.
- Local children battling pediatric cancer from Nemours/ Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children will also take part in a number of activities before and during the game, including serving as honorary grounds crew members and camera operators; public address announcers and PhanaVision Guest DJs. Additional activities include a special ceremonial first pitch, base changes and more.
- Players will wear yellow shoe laces, gold wristbands and jersey decals featuring the Childhood Cancer Awareness gold ribbon logo.
Also on Saturday, September 16, beginning at 5:05 pm and continuing through the 6th inning of the 7:05 p.m. Phillies game versus the A's, fans 21 and over are invited to stop by the Budweiser Rooftop at Citizens Bank Park for Bud & Burger Night featuring entertainment and specials on Budweiser aluminum bottles and draughts. Marc Farzetta from SportsRadio 94WIP will be doing a meet and greet with fans on the Budweiser Rooftop from 6-8 p.m.
- ShopRite Partners In Caring Food Drive, Herr's Winter Aviator Hat for all kids and Phillies Charities Inc. Jersey Sale on Sunday!
Baseball fans are once again invited to bring a non-perishable food donation to the ShopRite Partners In Caring annual food drive at Citizens Bank Park on Sunday, September 17, benefiting Philabundance. The festive food drive and block party will run from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. along Citizens Bank Way. The family-friendly game-day event will include free food samples, giveaways and visits from the Phoebe Phanatic and Galapagos Gang. Those who make a non-perishable food donation at any gate will receive a BOGO coupon for the final home games of the 2017 season.
Fans can also stop by the Phillies Charities, Inc. Jersey Sale on Sunday at the First Base Gate Plaza and purchase signed and unsigned, new, team-issued and game-used jerseys before and during the game. The sale begins when gates open at 12:05 p.m. and continues until 3 p.m.
Plus, all kids 14 and under will receive a Herr's Winter Aviator Hat at the gates.
Gate Openings: Ashburn Alley opens two hours prior to game time; all gates open one and a half hours prior to game time.
Fandom: Check-in using Ballpark, Citizens Bank Park's official mobile app, to receive special offers for retail, concessions and more. Also, follow the action via @Phillies on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat.
Broadcast: For the most up-to-date TV broadcast schedule, please go to Phillies.com. MLB.TV and SportsRadio 94WIP will host all games during the season. CSN Philly will stream the games, as well as the pre- and post-game shows, on www.csnphilly.com and on the NBC Sports app.
Traffic: Fans should be aware of dual events taking place at the sports complex: on Friday, September 15, an NCAA football game will be taking place at Lincoln Financial Field starting at 7:00 p.m. and a concert will be taking place at the Wells Fargo Center starting at 7:30 p.m. On Saturday, September 16, a concert will be taking place at the Wells Fargo Center beginning at 7:30 p.m. Log on to www.511pa.com, www.511nj.org or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions. Transit services are also available; for a SEPTA schedule please visit www.septa.org.