"To this very day, my brother Barry's biggest complaint is that my Dad didn't get him tickets to see the Phillies in the 1980 World Series. It's mind-blowing that my childhood team is holding a night for 'The Goldbergs' and I will watch my brother throw out the ceremonial first pitch. 11-year-old Barry would never believe it," said Adam F. Goldberg, Creator and Executive Producer of The Goldbergs. "I wish my Dad was here to see it, but at least I have tons of great memories going to Phillies games with him back in 1980something."
Here's a sneak peek at what's in store for the night:
- Series creator and Philadelphia-area native Adam F. Goldberg will be in attendance
- Barry Goldberg, accompanied by Troy Gentile, who plays Barry in the series, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch
- Phillies-themed clips from the show will be featured on PhanaVision throughout the game
- Students from the William Penn Charter School, the inspiration behind the show's William Penn Academy, will sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in the 7th inning
- Character standees from the show will be on display for fan and social media interaction on the main concourse behind Section 117
- All fans will receive a retro Phillies/Goldbergs Slap Bracelet
For more information, visit phillies.com/promotions. Tickets are available at phillies.com.
Tune in to The Goldbergs weeknights at 6 & 7:30pm on PHL17.