MLB.com Ballpark, an official MLB mobile application available for iPhone and Android smartphones, complements and personalizes your trip to Comerica Park with mobile check-in, social media, offers, promotions, exclusive content and more. Visit tigers.com/ballparkapp or text BALLPARK to 39844 to get the MLB.com Ballpark app. Message and Data Rates may apply.
Wednesday, August 9 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates at 7:10 p.m. Gates Open at 5:30 p.m.
- Oakland University Night is the fifth installment of FOX Sports Detroit University Days. Fans who purchased this sold-out special package will receive a ticket to the game and a special edition Oakland University-themed Tigers hat. Five dollars of every ticket purchase is donated to the OUAA Scholarship Fund.
- The official game ball will be delivered by Captain Derek Olivares of the United States Air Force.
- Ceremonial first pitches will be thrown by Ora Pescovitz, representing Oakland University and Austin Raymond, representing Make-A-Wish and Nate Williams, representing Hudsonville.
- The national anthem will be performed by Gold Vibrations, representing Oakland University.
Thursday, August 10 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates at 1:10 p.m. Gates Open at 11:30 a.m.
- Ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by Sal Cipriano, representing Channel 4 WDIV.
- The national anthem will be performed by Sean May, from ROBOCOP! The Musical.
Friday, August 11 vs. Minnesota Twins at 7:10 p.m. Gates Open at 5:30 p.m.
- Michigan State University Night is the sixth installment of FOX Sports Detroit University Days. Fans who purchase this special package will receive a ticket to the game and a special edition MSU-themed Tigers hat. Five dollars of every ticket purchase is donated to the MSU Athletic General Scholarship Fund. To purchase, please visit tigers.com/MSU.
- Grand Slam Values Coupon Books will be given to fans upon entering the stadium.
- Día en el Parque: As part of Fiesta Tigres events, the Tigers will host 100 youth baseball and softball players from the Southwest Aztecs and Clark Park Coalition baseball organizations for a special day in the park. Beginning at 12:00 p.m., participants will be able to play catch on the Comerica Park field and have an exclusive Q&A with Tigers infielder Dixon Machado This is a private event.
- ¡Fiesta Tigres! Q&A: Former Tiger Placido Polanco will participate in a Q&A from 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. at the Big Cat Court.
- Postgame fireworks are presented by Pepsi, hosted by Tom Jordan from WWJ, and are weather permitting. Pepsi Pop Up to the Plate will take place on the field between the end of the game and start of fireworks.
- Leinie Fridays Party Pack: For as low as $22, you can secure a game ticket plus one 20-ounce Leinenkugel's draft beer. This ticket package is subject to availability.
- Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Raffle: The Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Charity Raffle continues at Comerica Park this season at all Friday and Saturday home games. The partner charity for this weekend's 50/50 raffle is the West Oakland Wings, a Play Baseball Detroit youth baseball team. Tickets will be sold on a digital platform and are 2 for $5, 5 for $10, 20 for $20 and 80 for $40. Six 50/50 Raffle kiosks are stationed throughout the ballpark where fans will be able to purchase tickets and see the pot size in real-time. Five kiosks will be on the 100-level concourse and one kiosk will be on the 2nd floor suites entrance. The winner will be announced on the Comerica Park scoreboard before the end of the game. The 50/50 Charity Raffle program has raised more than $1.4 million for charity.
- Ceremonial first pitches will be thrown by Eric Sabree, representing Michigan State University, Karen Berridge, representing Pepsi and Tom Bolek, representing Hudsonville.
- The national anthem will be performed by soloist John Riesen, representing Michigan State University.
Saturday, August 12 vs. Minnesota Twins at 6:10 p.m. Gates Open at 4:00 p.m.
- 12th Annual ¡Fiesta Tigres!: The Tigers host the 12th annual ¡Fiesta Tigres!, sponsored by Miller Lite, to recognize and honor the contributions of Latino players and coaches to the game of baseball. Gates will open at a special time of 4:00 p.m. ¡Fiesta Tigres! pregame festivities will feature live entertainment, including Orquestra Sensacional at the Big Cat Court, Tumbao Bravo at the Brushfire Grill, Venezuela Tambor Y Son at Gate B, Los Primos on the Suite Level, Sean Blackman In-Transit in the Tiger Club and Mariachi Cristal, which will be roving the ballpark. Fans can purchase the ¡Fiesta Tigres! ticket package, which includes a game ticket, a special Fiesta Tigres T-shirt and a donation to Ballet Folklorico Moyocoyani Izel.
- ¡Fiesta Tigres! Mugs will be given to the first 10,000 fans who are 21 years and older upon entry to the ballpark, presented by MillerCoors.
- The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by former Tiger Placido Polanco and Pedro Sierra, a Cuban native and former Negro and Minor Leagues pitcher, both representing ¡Fiesta Tigres!.
- TOPPS Baseball Card Sets will be given to the first 8,000 fans upon entry to the ballpark.
- Verlander's Victory for Veterans: Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander hosts Veterans from Veterans Affairs Medical Centers throughout the state of Michigan. These Veterans sustained injuries or illness in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom or in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. The Veterans along with their families cheer on the Tigers from the comfort of Verlander's personal luxury suite. After serving our country, the special day provides American veterans the opportunity to enjoy a Tigers game with their family. This week, veterans from the Detroit VA Medical Center will enjoy 18 luxury suite tickets and parking passes in the Tigers Parking Garage. Food and beverage is provided for the guests courtesy of Verlander. Veterans receive a personalized welcome letter from Verlander and all guests receive a Verlander's Victory for Veterans t-shirt.
Sunday, August 13 vs. Minnesota Twins at 1:10 p.m. Gates Open at 11:30 a.m.
- All kids 14-and-younger receive a free Victor Martinez poster upon entering the stadium, courtesy of AMP Radio.
- Girl Scout Special Ticket Package: Fans who purchase this package will receive a game ticket, a special Tigers Girl Scout patch and a donation to Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan. Girl Scout troops (in uniform) are also able to participate in a pregame on-field ceremony. To purchase, please visit tigers.com/girlscouts.
- All Sunday home games are Chevy Youth Baseball Sunday Kids Days at Comerica Park. All kids 14-and-under will receive a free promotional item as part of the "Every Kid, Every Sunday" giveaway guarantee, enjoy free rides courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, take part in free face painting, and hang out with the Tigers Party Patrol at the Big Cat Court. Across from the Big Cat Court next to the Kids Club Station, select kids will have the chance to win Chevy Role Play Giveaway (two giveaways each Sunday). Following the game, all kids 14-and-under are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases courtesy of Aquafina, weather permitting.
- Sunday Family Value Deal: Tickets are available for the Sunday Family Value Deal that includes an upper grandstand ticket, soda, hot dog and bag of chips for as low as $19. Minimum ticket purchase is four, which can be bought at tigers.com/value or at the Tigers box office.
- Michigan State Police personnel and patrol cars will be on Witherell St. before the game, handing out bags and other items.
- The national anthem and God Bless America will be performed by 12-year-old soloist Chloe Lezotte.
- The QLine stops between Grand Boulevard and Congress Street, and is free to riders until Labor Day. The closest stop to Comerica Park is near the intersection of Woodward and Montcalm Streets. For ticket information and hours of operation, visit qlinedetroit.com.
- For traffic updates, fans can find alerts and alternative routes at tigers.com, visit tigers.com/ballparkapp to download the MLB.com Ballpark app., and follow @tigers on Twitter.
- The Detroit Tigers recommend tuning to WWJ 950 AM for up-to-the-minute updates on traffic alerts and closures.
- Fans can also check with the Michigan Department of Transportation and the City of Detroit Department of Transportation for real-time road closures and detours at www.michigan.gov/mdot, download the Mi Drive app., and visit www.m-1rail.com.
PAWS TRACKS TO COMERICA PARK:
- Please remember to avoid delays, it's best to arrive early to Comerica Park.
- Traffic patterns may be modified at the discretion of law enforcement agencies.
- Tigers gameday and event traffic patterns go into effect a minimum of three hours prior to start time.
About The Detroit Tigers
The Detroit Tigers, Inc., a charter member of the American League in 1901, have won four World Series and 11 American League pennants. An Ilitch organization, the Tigers play their home games at Comerica Park located within The District Detroit, one of the largest sports and entertainment developments in the country. Other Ilitch companies include: Little Caesars Pizza, Blue Line Foodservice Distribution, the Detroit Red Wings, Olympia Development of Michigan, Little Caesars Pizza Kit Fundraising Program, Ilitch Holdings, Inc., MotorCity Casino Hotel and Champion Foods. For more information, visit www.Tigers.com, www.DistrictDetroit.com and www.IlitchCompanies.com.
About The District Detroit
The District Detroit is one of the largest sports and entertainment developments in the country. Located in the heart of Detroit, this 50-block, mixed-use development led by the Ilitch organization unites eight world-class theaters, five neighborhoods and three professional sports venues in one vibrant, walkable destination for people who want to live, work and play in an exciting urban environment. Home to the Detroit Tigers, Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Pistons and Detroit Lions - The District Detroit represents the greatest density of professional sports teams in one downtown core in the country.