* Pirates Play Ball Team of the Game: Today is part of the Pirates season-long initiative honoring a youth baseball/softball team(s) of the game every Tuesday home game. Tonight the Pirates will honor Southmoreland Junior Varsity baseball team on the field in a pregame ceremony. Throughout the season, Southmoreland JV Baseball provides Gerrett Ansell, a teammate with Down syndrome, the opportunity to play the sport he loves by ensuring he sees time at the plate and in the field.
* Lady Bucs Night: Tonight is our first of four 2017 Lady Bucs Nights at PNC Park. Kick off each by joining us in the Picnic Park for a pregame event including food and non-alcoholic beverages. Packages are $60 and include one Pirates game ticket, tonight's exclusive promotional item - a Game Day bracelet -- and access to the catered Lady Bucs event in Picnic Park from 5:30 to 7 p.m. No need to enjoy this night alone, invite friends, coworkers and more as groups are highly encouraged. For tickets and info, visit pirates.com/LadyBucs.
* Pups in the Park: Fans can enjoy Bucco baseball with their pooch as the Pirates present one of 13 Pup Nights, presented by Rachael Ray Nutrish, at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $35 with additional human tickets available for $35 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information, visit pirates.com/pups. Tonight's Pup Night ticket package includes a free Pirates branded ball thrower dog toy.
* Beer Passport: Beer Passport ticket holders 21-and-older are invited to a 90-minute beer sampling event that begins when gates open at 5:30 p.m. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/beerpassport.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017-Pirates vs. Washington Nationals (7:05 p.m.)
* Breaking Barriers Pirates Day School Assembly: Pirates players and coaches will visit Shaler Area Middle School's seventh and eighth grade students today from 12:30-1:30 p.m. to congratulate them on submitting the most Breaking Barriers essay entries in our region. More than 200 essays were submitted from the school.
* Mentoring Night at PNC: In support of the importance of mentoring, the Pirates donated over 300 tickets to The Mentoring Partnership, which will provide mentors and mentees a night of bonding at PNC Park. Tonight, mentors and mentees from The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern PA will be honored on the field in a pregame ceremony.
* University Night with Indiana University of Pennsylvania: Tonight is a Pirates University Night with Indiana University of Pennsylvania. All fans who purchase University Night tickets will receive a ticket in one of two special sections and a free Pirates/IUP hat. This season the Pirates will host University Nights on select Wednesday dates. Students, alumni and fans of local universities are invited to cheer on the Pirates together at PNC Park. For complete information and a list of the 2017 University Nights visit pirates.com/universitynights.
* Wine Night: Tonight is a Wine Tasting Night at PNC Park. For just $66 fans receive a ticket in a luxury suite, an invite to a pregame wine tasting in Club 3000, and more. For complete information and to order tickets visit pirates.com/winenights.
Thursday, May 18, 2017-Pirates vs. Washington Nationals (12:35 p.m.)
* Student Council Day: The Pirates invite Student Council groups for a day at the ballpark with a special ticket offer for Student Council Day. In addition, the first 1,000 students to sign up will get to participate in our pregame ceremonies in the warning track salute. For tickets and complete information, visit pirates.com/studentcouncil.
* Education Day: The Pittsburgh Pirates Education Days combine science, math, geography and history to create a fun and educational opportunity at PNC Park. Today, Education Day will begin at 9:30 a.m. as KDKA's Jeff Verszyla and WPXI's Stephen Cropper will give a live interactive weather presentation on the PNC Park scoreboard. When PNC Park gates open at 11 a.m., each student will be given an interactive workbook as their teachers guide them through the ballpark on a treasure hunt. Students will visit several locations throughout PNC Park including Legacy Square, ballpark concession stands and the weather station located behind center field. They will search for answers to a variety of questions about baseball, science, math, history, and geography. Students can continue to collect information throughout the game and answer questions pertaining to baseball statistics about Pirates players. Pirates Charities wishes to thank the underwriting partners -- PPG Industries Foundation and Great American Opportunities -- for their generous support of this educational (and fun) initiative. For tickets and information visit pirates.com/EducationDays.
* Military Day: Come out to support and honor our brave American military service men and women. The Pirates will wear their Military Days camouflage jerseys and special hats.
* On Field Military Ceremony: As part of tonight's Military Day efforts, a group from It's About the Warrior will be honored during a pregame on-field ceremony and hosted in the Pirates Charities Suite. The mission of IATW is to create, promote and maintain a positive, caring and supporting environment to all of our post 9/11 veterans.
* 50/50 Raffle: Tonight's Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, will benefit It's About the Warrior.
* Pirates Charities BOWLPEN: Tonight Pirates Charities will host children for a private bowling event with the Pirates bullpen as well as other players and coaches at Suite 28 at the Zone 28 Complex (2525 Freeport Road, Pittsburgh, Pa 15238). The Pirates partnered with Our Clubhouse, One Day to Remember, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Pittsburgh and supporters to identify children and families who are in need of a smile.
Friday, May 19, 2017-Pirates vs. Philadelphia Phillies (7:05 p.m.)
* Zambelli Fireworks Night: Fans are encouraged to stay in their seats immediately following the game and enjoy an amazing Zambelli Fireworks International fireworks display, presented by Hyundai.
* Suicide Prevention Night: Pirates along with Prevent Suicide PA and the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention invite you to join us for Suicide Prevention Awareness Night at PNC Park! Come out to support the Pirates while raising awareness for suicide prevention as a portion of all ticket proceeds go to support Prevent Suicide PA and the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. For complete information and to order tickets visit pirates.com/stopsuicide.
Saturday, May 20, 2017 - Pirates vs. Philadelphia Phillies (4:05 p.m.)
* Bob Walk Bobblechair: Tonight the first 20,000 fans with paid admission to PNC Park will receive a Bob Walk bobblechair, courtesy of ROOT SPORTS.
* Scratch and Win: Everyone is a winner with the special Scratch 'n Win presented by Eat 'n Park. All fans will receive a scratch-off ticket upon entering PNC Park with an opportunity to win one of several great prizes.
* Barre at the Park: Join the Pirates for a unique pre-game pop-up barre class led by instructors from Pure Barre before today's game at PNC Park. Tickets are just $35 and include a one-hour class on Federal Street at the base of the Clemente Bridge, a Corner Box ticket to the game and $5 in Loaded Value credit, good for concessions and merchandise throughout PNC Park on the day of the game. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/barre.
* The Clint Seymour "Play Ball" Fund: Tonight, the Pirates will host 10 matches from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh as they get to enjoy batting practice and the baseball game, courtesy of Pirates Charities and The Clint Seymour "Play Ball" Fund. The fund enables youngsters and adolescents to experience the joy and enthusiasm that can derive from the game of baseball and relationships built among teammates and mentors.
Sunday, May 21, 2017 - Pirates vs. Philadelphia Phillies (1:35 p.m.) -- Kids Day
* Pirates First Pitch: Today fathers of several Pittsburgh Pirates players and coaches will throw a special first pitch to their sons, as the team gets ready to kick off the fifth annual "dad's trip" to Atlanta.
* Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A and more.
* Kids Baseball Glove: Today, all kids ages 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a kids baseball glove, presented by Highmark.
* Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by the Original Pizza Logs.
* Stitch and Pitch: Fans are invited to bring their knitting, stitching, quilting or other fiber arts projects to the Picnic Park, located in center field along the Riverwalk. Take a lesson, learn a technique, meet other enthusiasts, and take part in a chance to win great raffle items all while enjoying Pirates baseball. NEW for the 2017 Season: attendees who place an order of four or more tickets will be entered into a raffle to be honored on the field during Pirates pre-game and take part in one of our on-field experiences. For tickets and complete information, visit pirates.com/stitch.
* Youth Baseball and Softball Day: The first 1,000 players and coaches to register as a team will participate in a special pre-game ceremony on the field for Youth Baseball and Softball Days, presented by Heinz. Kids can run the bases following the game. Players and coaches are encouraged to wear their team's jersey. For tickets and complete information, visit pirates.com/youthbaseballandsoftball.
* ALS Association Day: Today the Pirates and the ALS Association invite fans to join them for an ALS fundraiser event at PNC Park. Come out to support the Pirates while raising awareness for ALS with a portion of all ticket proceeds going to support the ALS Association. For tickets and complete information, visit pirates.com/ALS.
During this homestand, Pirates fans will get a special look at the Hunt Auctions' Roberto Clemente display in the left field bleachers area close to the Roberto Clemente gate this Thursday thru Sunday inside PNC Park. The display includes Clemente's Gold Glove Awards, National League Batting Championship Silver Bat awards, 1971 World Series ring, Game-worn uniforms, vintage photographs, and other unique memorabilia from Clemente's career. Hunt Auctions, the official auction company of All-Star FanFest®, will present the 13th Annual Live Auction at All-Star FanFest® during MLB All-Star Week events in Miami, FL, from July 7 -11. The two day auction will culminate with the personal collection of iconic Hall of Fame member and Pittsburgh Pirates right fielder Roberto Clemente.
Wins for Kids
Pirates Charities, Pirates Manager Clint Hurdle and his wife, Karla, announced the return of the "Wins for Kids" fundraising campaign for the 2017 season, in partnership with ROOT SPORTS™. The program is now in its seventh season of raising funds for Pirates Charities and The Children's Institute of Pittsburgh's center for Prader-Willi Syndrome, through donations from fans and supporters. The Wins for Kids program encourages fans to contribute with a one-time donation for 2017 or monetary pledges for each Pirates win throughout the season. Fans who donate to the program will receive a variety of exciting incentives. For complete information, visit Pirates.com/WinsforKids.
Pirates Season Ticket Plans
Full Season, 41-game and 20-game season ticket memberships are available for the 2017 season. Full and partial-season ticket plans feature exclusive benefits including membership experiences, guaranteed seats for the biggest games, discounted ticket prices, plus much more. For more information regarding purchasing a season ticket plan, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/tickets.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
The Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, is back for the 2017 season. The 50/50 Raffles will take place during each Pirates home game throughout the season. Raffle ticket prices are three (3) tickets for $5, 10 tickets for $10 and 40 tickets for $20 with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn and announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers will also be posted on pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
The Ballpark app for iPhone and Android smartphones is the official MLB ballpark phone app for PNC Park. The app compliments and personalizes your trips to PNC Park with mobile check-ins, social media, offers, promotions and exclusive content. Entering its sixth season, Ballpark delivers fully intuitive integration of locally focused technology with a league-wide feature set, including team customization, exclusive video highlights, seat and experience upgrade capabilities; MyTickets Mobile for in-app ticket management, delivery and storage of every ticket sold and content integration with ballpark video screens.
2017 Bucaroos Kids Club
The Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A, is open to all kids ages 14 and younger. The club offers special member-only benefits and has two great membership options-one of which is free. Fans can visit pirates.com/bucaroos to learn more about the different membership options and how to earn free game ticket vouchers, great gear and access to our exclusive Rewards Program. Current BKC members can pick up their silver membership packets at the BKC table located on the sidewalk on Federal Street in between PNC Bank and the Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame entrance.
Hunt Auctions Kiosk
Located on the main concourse behind section 125, the Hunt Auctions kiosk is your one and only source for game-used and autographed items at PNC Park. Stop by to own your piece of the 2017 Pirates season, or check out our new autographed and game-used products featuring Gerrit Cole, Josh Bell, Tyler Glasnow, Andrew McCutchen and more.
10-Pack New Sheetz 10-Game MTO Plans are now available with benefits such as the best prices and seating locations and Pirates Postseason ticket presale opportunities. Choose from the 2017 Sheetz 10-Game MTO Plan with the flexibility to personalize your plan that features choices for six promotional giveaway dates, including three bobblehead dates. For more information regarding purchasing a Sheetz 10-Game MTO Plan, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/10packs.
* Giant Eagle Advantage Card: The Pirates and Giant Eagle partner to offer fans a chance to save up to $10 on tickets for Sunday thru Thursday home games. Visit pirates.com/advantagecard for more details.
* PNC Bank Pirates Card: The Pirates and PNC Bank team up to offer discounted tickets for select games at PNC Park. Fans can use their PNC Bank Pirates card and save $5 PLUS get $5 in Loaded Value on select games throughout the season (excluding Friday and Saturday home games in June and July)! For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
* Sugardale All You Can Eat: The All You Can Eat Seats, presented by Sugardale, are a popular way to enjoy a game in Sections 201 through 205. Tickets include all the hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, salads, popcorn, peanuts, peanut butter-filled pretzels, ice cream and soda you can handle for one low price -- and there are dedicated All You Can Eat concession stands with a speed line approach. Please visit pirates.com/allyoucaneat for tickets and pricing.
* DICK'S Scorecard: Score exclusive savings of up to $10 off select Sunday thru Thursday regular season Pirates games with your DICK'S Sporting Goods ScoreCard. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/scorecard.
* Port Authority ConnectCard: Get specially-priced tickets with your Port Authority ConnectCard! Save up to $10 this season on Sunday thru Thursday games at PNC Park. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/connectcard.