The Angels return for a full, seven-game homestand after a quick three-game stint in Oakland. The homestand begins Thursday at 7:07 p.m. vs. the Tigers (Thursday, May 11 - Sunday, May 14). Following the four game series, the homestand will conclude with the White Sox (Monday, May 15 - Wednesday, May 17). Below is a look at the notable events and ceremonies taking place at Angel Stadium during the homestand:
- The Angels will be celebrating Mother's Day at the Big A this season. The Halos will kick off the day with a Mother's Day Brunch in the Music Garden. Gate 1 will open for the event at 10:30AM.
- Following the National Anthem, nine Mother's Day winners will take the field with the Angels starters. Players will be wearing specially designed Mother's Day jerseys and use pink bats.
CITY OF TUSTIN NIGHT
- On Thursday, May 11th, the Angels will host City of Tustin Night. Prior to the game, the City of Tustin will occupy the area by Gate 5, where fans can collect their City of Tustin themed cap and participate in games and win prizes. A pre-game ceremony will also be held on the field.
GANG REDUCTION INTERVENTION PARTNERSHIP (G.R.I.P.)
- On Wednesday, May 17th, around 1,900 kids will be in stadium for a G.R.I.P. event. G.R.I.P. works with numerous school districts within Orange County in implementing targeted gang prevention strategies to at risk youth, families and communities.
- The core components of G.R.I.P. include prevention efforts that focus on community engagement and education of faculty, parents and students on the risks and impacts of gang behavior; intervention strategies including STRIKE Team and case management of at risk youth and families; and, enforcement efforts that include truancy and curfew sweeps, as well as, prosecution. G.R.I.P. has proven to be a very successful program, and is truly unique by virtue of the commitment and efforts of such a wide range of collaborative partners.
- On Friday, May 12th, the Angels will host School Employee Appreciation Night. Prior to the game, there will be a ceremony on the field recognizing 50 school personnel for their achievements.
- The Angels will welcome the Firecracker Softball organization on Saturday, May 13th. The organization will be recognized for its achievements in a pregame ceremony.
- For the National Anthem on Saturday, May 13th, a band of 560 students from Southern California will perform on Band Night.
- Saturday, May 13th, is the fourth Saturday Night Spectacular at Angel Stadium presented by Wells Fargo. At the conclusion of each Saturday night game, fans are invited to stay and enjoy a fireworks display.
- The Angels will host the Water Awareness Poster Contest on Monday, May 15th. The poster with the best representation of water awareness will win the contest.
- Tuesday, May 16th, will mark the first of six Nexen Hero ceremonies. The ceremony will recognize a citizen as the 'Hero in the Community.'
- Prior to the game on Wednesday, May 17th, Miss California will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
- On Wednesday, May 17th, a ceremony will be held on the field for Autism Awareness. The ceremony will include eight representatives and provide specific information regarding autism and the amount of money provided by Autism Speaks in family services and research grants.
GIVEAWAY (while supplies last)
- Upon entrance to the game on Friday, May 12th, fans will be given an Angels cooler backpack, presented by Yakult.
- On Mother's Day, Sunday, May 14th, the first 20,000 adults in attendance will receive a Mother's Day Vase, and flower, presented by Fox Sports West.
On Tuesday, May 16th, the Angels will be handing out the first, in a series of three, Mike Trout MVP Bobbleheads. The first one represents the hitting successes of Trout's 2016 MVP campaign. This bobblehead is presented by Pechanga Resort & Casino.