The Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks, @LosDbacks) will host a special Mother's Day game this Sunday at 1:10 p.m. at Chase Field. More than 20 moms will throw out the cereMOMial first pitch, which they won the opportunity through various TV and radio contests. In addition, breast cancer survivors Pam Bradley, mom of D-backs pitcher Archie Bradley, and Nelly Garcia, mom of D-backs pitcher Taijuan Walker, will also throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
The D-backs will offer a pink-themed Churro Dog, which will be available exclusively on Mother's Day. This specialty item will feature a white-iced Long John doughnut, pink sugar churro, vanilla frozen yogurt, strawberry topping, whipped cream and pink pearl candy. The Mother's Day Churro Dog will be available at select dessert portables (Sections 114, 123 and 315).
Additional Mother's Day exclusive food items include:
- Bacon Berry French Toast -- Griddled French Toast filled with sweetened cream cheese and fresh berries and topped with powdered sugar, raspberry sauce and chopped bacon, served with a side of maple syrup. The Bacon Berry French Toast will be available at Red Hot locations (Section 118, 139 and 312).
- $5 Mimosas -- will be available at liquor portables throughout the ballpark.
- Mother's Day Caramel Apples -- fans can choose between a pink, white and red sprinkle blend or a pink, white and red M&M caramel apple available at dessert portables throughout the ballpark.
- Cold Stone Strawberry Outfields Creation -- The creation consists of strawberry ice cream, graham cracker pie crust, caramel and whipped topping and is available in a cup or waffle cup at Cold Stone locations inside the ballpark.
Chase Field Executive Chef Stephen Tilder has created a special Mother's Day brunch menu in The Draft Room and the Audi quattro Lounge. Each brunch option includes a glass of champagne and reservations can be made by calling 602.462.3000.
This Sunday's Mother's Day game will also feature:
- D-backs Mother's Day Clutch Purse Giveaway -- the first 10,000 moms will receive a D-backs clutch purse with a $5 gift card, courtesy of PetSmart. In addition, 10 lucky moms will receive a $100 PetSmart gift card in their clutch.
- Moms Run the Bases -- moms will be able to join their kids in running the bases after the D-backs game and for every mom and kid that crosses home plate, the D-backs will donate $1 to Phoenix Children's Hospital.
- Honorary Bat Girl -- Phoenix resident Leslie Chester will be honored in a pregame ceremony and as a ceremonial first pitch guest as part of a contest that Major League Baseball held that recognizes baseball fans who have been affected by breast cancer and who demonstrate a commitment to eradicating the disease. Chester was diagnosed with breast cancer in December 2015 and is a mother of two daughters, who were supportive of her during her battle. Chester recently started a T-shirt company to help raise funds for those locally who cannot afford their cancer treatments.
- Mother's Day Gear -- D-backs players and on-field personnel will wear pink-themed items, including special jerseys and caps and will use Mother's Day themed baseballs and bases. The items will be available for purchase at D-backs Authentics beginning May 15 to benefit the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation. The Team Shop will also carry an assortment of Mother's Day merchandise.