Runners, walkers and families have many options to participate:
• 5K - $40: Chip-timed 3.1-mile course starts on Mehring Way behind GABP, runs along the riverfront and finishes inside the ballpark on the warning track.
• 10K - $50: Chip-timed 6.2-mile course starts on Mehring Way, runs along the riverfront, crosses over the Ohio River on the Taylor Southgate Bridge into Newport, back across the Purple People Bridge and finishes inside the ballpark on the warning track.
• One Mile Family Run/Walk presented by Chick-fil-A - $25: One-mile course starts on Mehring Way and finishes inside the ballpark on the warning track.
• Gapper's Kids Fun Run - $15: Kids run on the warning track around the field. (for kids 10 and under)
All events are for walkers and runners of all ages, with the exception of the Gapper's Kids Fun Run, which is limited to kids ages 10 and under.
Race start times:
• 8:00 a.m.: Runners and walkers for 10K and 5K (includes the first 1,500 5K to register, all 10K and elite runners)
• 8:10 a.m.: Runners and walkers for 5K (includes remainder of 5K runners/walkers)
• 9:30 a.m.: One Mile Family Run/Walk
• 10:15 a.m.: Gapper's Kids Fun Run
All participants will receive a custom race medal, race t-shirt (technical shirt for 10K participants), post-race party in the Kroger Fan Zone and one View Level ticket for the Reds vs. Colorado Rockies game on Sunday, May 21 at 1:10 p.m.
Race day parking is recommended in The Banks Garage. Reduced price parking for $5 will be available until 7:45 a.m. Additional parking details can be found at reds.com/Run.
Race sponsors include CollegeAdvantage, Chick-fil-A, Trophy Awards, Buckeye Running Company, Prestige AV & Creative Services, Coca-Cola, Rumpke, Kroger, Castellini Group of Companies, LaRosa's, Skyline Chili and Norton Outdoor Advertising.
Close to 3,300 runners and walkers participated in 2016 generating over $150,000 for the baseball and softball-themed outreach programs of the Reds Community Fund.