KANSAS CITY, MO (May 5, 2017) - The Kansas City Royals announced today more fan experience options for the 2017 Season. Available through the Royals Memories program, fans are able to use their mobile phone to purchase and enjoy special in-venue VIP activities at Kauffman Stadium, including delivering the game ball to the pitcher's mound and upgrading into premium seat locations.These new options are available now exclusively through the MLB.com Ballpark app.
"It's all about creating lifelong memories for our fans," said Curt Nelson, Director of the Royals Hall of Fame. "We want to provide the best ballpark experience possible. With Royals Memories, we've made it easy for fans to enjoy seat upgrades and once-in-a-lifetime experiences, all from their mobile phone either before they get to the ballpark or while they are in the stadium. We believe this tried and proven program helps create a stronger bond between the Royals and our loyal fans."
Memories available for 2017 MLB Season include:
- On Field during Batting Practice: Fans can be on the field, take photos and hear the crack of the bat up close and personal as the Royals get ready for game time.
- Deliver Game Baseball: One fan gets the unique experience of delivering the actual game baseball to the pitcher's mound during pregame ceremonies.
- Seats in the Shade: Fans looking for seats under cover at Kauffman Stadium can purchase seat upgrades to escape the sun or rain in Lexus Level sections 301-325.
- Postgame Photo Op on Field: Fans can have a special way to remember the game with a professional photo taken on the field at Kauffman Stadium.
- Watch Fireworks on the Field: Fans can go on-field immediately after the game for a one-of-a-kind view of Summer Fireworks Fridays presented by Popsicle and Price Chopper.
A recent survey of fans that have already enjoyed game day experiences through the Royals Memories program found the upgrade process easy to use. Fans can open the MLB.com Ballpark app or create an MLB.com Ballpark account. Next, select "Royals" as the team. then tap Upgrades on the main page and to select a new option for an upcoming game. If Upgrades are not available, fans can sign up for notifications and receive a text when they go on sale. On the day of the game, simply return to the Upgrades section of the MLB.com Ballpark app and tap Fan Hub, then tap the selected choice and follow the instructions to redeem.
Availability is limited. Royals Memories Game Experiences for every remaining Royals regular season game day are available for purchase now.