The Chicago White Sox released additional promotional dates for games at Guaranteed Rate Field in 2017.
New highlights among the additional theme nights include 90s Night and Fireworks (Friday, July 14 vs. Seattle Mariners), #SoxSocial Game of Thrones Night (Wednesday, July 19 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers), Margaritaville Night (Tuesday, August 1 vs. Toronto Blue Jays), Beatles Night (Monday, August 21 vs. Minnesota Twins) and Grandparents Day (Sunday, September 10 vs. San Francisco Giants). These promotions are new to the White Sox schedule.
Through a partnership with Major League Baseball, HBO's award-winning "Game of Thrones" will take over the ballpark on July 19. The first 1,500 fans to purchase tickets at whitesox.com/GOT will take home a bobblehead of Southpaw sitting in the Iron Throne. Fans in attendance will have the opportunity to take a photo with a replica of the infamous Iron Throne.
In addition to these new promotions at the park, Homecoming Weekend, presented by the Village of Bedford Park, returns in 2017 during the series against Detroit on Friday, May 26, through Sunday, May 28. White Sox greats who helped create iconic moments during memorable eras will return to the ballpark to participate in the weekend's festivities. These new and returning promotions join the following fan-favorite promotions:
- Dog Day (Tuesday, May 9 vs. Minnesota Twins)
- Rock 'n' Roll Night and Fireworks, presented by Guaranteed Rate (Friday, August 11 vs. Kansas City Royals)
- Grateful Dead Night and Fireworks (Friday, September 1 vs. Tampa Bay Rays)
- Bark at the Park (Wednesday, September 6 vs. Cleveland Indians)
Mark Buehrle also will be honored this season with a commemorative bobblehead giveaway. The first 20,000 fans on Saturday, September 2 vs. Tampa Bay will have the opportunity to take home a Mark Buehrle Bobblehead. The most up-to-date promotional schedule also features special giveaways:
- Southpaw Birthday Bobblehead, presented by Mercury, Chicago's Skyline Cruiseline: All kids, ages 13 and under, will receive a commemorative Southpaw bobblehead to celebrate the mascot's birthday. (Sunday, June 25 vs. Oakland)
- White Sox Stormtrooper Bobblehead: The force is strong with the first 15,000 fans who will receive this commemorative bobblehead on Star Ways Night. Fireworks, presented by Magellan Corporation, also are scheduled. (Saturday, August 26 vs. Detroit)
- Orgullo Sox Soccer Jersey, presented by Coca Cola: The first 20,000 fans to the ballpark can kick back at the ballpark in style with the Sox-themed soccer jersey. (Saturday, September 23 vs. Kansas City)
These dates join the previously announced list of dates that includes "Free T-Shirt Thursdays" - allowing the first 10,000 fans who enter Guaranteed Rate Field to take home a specially designed T-shirt for eight Thursday games throughout the season (excluding July 27 vs. the Cubs). The promotional schedule is available at whitesox.com/promos.
Individual game tickets to 2017 White Sox home games at Guaranteed Rate Field are available at whitesox.com, at the Guaranteed Rate Field Box Office or by calling 866-SOX-GAME.