CINCINNATI -- With the addition of starting pitcher Scott Feldman on Wednesday and late-inning reliever Drew Storen on Jan. 3, the Reds are likely done with signing anymore free agents to Major League contracts.
Minor League deals with Spring Training invites for non-roster players is another matter, however.
"We are still looking around," Reds general manager Dick Williams said on Thursday at the Reds Caravan launch event. "I don't foresee a Major League signing right now. But we're still looking to add."
Williams would still like to improve the catching depth behind Devin Mesoraco and Tucker Barnhart. Adding other bench help, perhaps an outfielder, is also on the remaining to-do list.
Also not ruled out is a reunion with former Reds starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo.
"It's a possibility," Williams said. "He's expressed interest in having an opportunity. We're doing our due diligence."
Arroyo starred for the club from 2006-13, but he has not pitched in the big leagues since '14. He has been plagued by elbow and shoulder injuries since. Williams said representatives from the Reds have watched the right-hander throw at Great American Ball Park. Arroyo, who will turn 40 on Feb. 24, would be viewed as a positive influence on a younger clubhouse.
The Reds and Arroyo also flirted with a deal last offseason, but Arroyo ultimately signed a Minor League deal with the Nationals. He pitched in two games for their Gulf Coast League team before being shut down after a July 2 appearance.
Mark Sheldon has covered the Reds for MLB.com since 2006, and previously covered the Twins from 2001-05. Follow him on Twitter @m_sheldon and Facebook and listen to his podcast. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.