The American League champion Cleveland Indians on Tuesday announced the club's game times and broadcast schedule for the 2017 season, the 117th as a charter member of the American League.
The slate includes 157 games on flagship television home SportsTime Ohio, plus five national TV games:
- June 10 vs. Chicago White Sox (FOX)
- July 1 vs. Detroit (FOX)
- July 8 vs. Detroit (FOX)
- July 9 vs. Detroit (ESPN)
- Sept. 9 vs. Baltimore (FOX)
The Tribe's season opener, on April 3 in Texas, will be broadcast on SportsTime Ohio and ESPN. WKYC Channel 3 will simulcast four games locally in Cleveland: April 11, May 26, July 7 and Aug. 25.
On radio, all 162 games will be broadcast all along the 27 affiliates in the Indians Radio Network, with 160 games set for WTAM 1100 AM and 146 on WMMS 100.7 FM.
Again this season, home weeknight games in April and May will begin at 6:10PM in an effort to minimize the impact of potential weather issues and to allow families to get home sooner on school nights.
The Tribe's Home Opener is set for Tuesday, April 11 vs. the Chicago White Sox at 4:10PM, while the 2017 season features six big summer weekends at Progressive Field, including a six-game homestand beginning on the Fourth of July:
- Friday, June 9-Sunday, June 11 vs. Chicago White Sox
- Friday, June 23-Sunday, June 25 vs. Minnesota Twins
- Friday, July 7-Sunday, July 9 vs. Detroit Tigers
- July 4 six-game homestand: The Indians will take on the San Diego Padres (July 4-6) and Tigers
- Friday, July 21-Sunday, July 23 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- Thursday, Aug. 3-Sunday, August 6 vs. New York Yankees
- Friday, Aug. 25-Sunday, August 27 vs. Kansas City Royals
Home interleague opponents in 2017 include the Cincinnati Reds (May 24-25), Los Angeles Dodgers (June 13-15), San Diego Padres (July 4-6) and Colorado Rockies (Aug. 8-9). The Indians also will play interleague road games against the Arizona Diamondbacks (April 7-9), the Colorado Rockies (June 6-7) and the San Francisco Giants (July 17-19).
Other 2017 schedule notes:
Monthly home/road breakdown:
- April: (12 home/13 road)
- May: (14 home/15 road)
- June: (14 home/13 road)
- July: (12 home/12 road)
- August: (13 home/15 road)
- September/October: (16 home/13 road)
- The Tribe has one 10-game homestand:
- Sept. 8-17 (vs. Orioles, Tigers, Royals)
- The team has three 10-game road trips:
- May 1-10 (at Tigers, Royals, Blue Jays)
- Aug. 10-20 (at Rays, Twins, Royals)
- Aug. 28-Sept. 7 (at Yankees, Tigers, White Sox)
- Final 13 home games against AL Central foes