The Marlins Foundation will begin accepting pre-proposals for the 2017 Charity Partner Empowerment Fund on Monday, October 17. To be considered as a 2017 Marlins Charity Partner, organizations must provide direct and unique programming for youth through education, arts and baseball-related programming. In addition to a charitable contribution of $25,000 for each Charity Partner, additional benefits include recognition throughout the season at Marlins Park, exposure with media partners and player involvement. Former Marlins Charity Partners have provided experiences for children in schools, parks and on the water. The deadline for submittals is Wednesday, November 30 by 5 p.m.
In addition to $100,000 for next year's Charity Partners, the Marlins Foundation and Marlins Ayudan will continue to support other South Florida charities, schools and neighborhood organizations throughout the year with other programs and fundraising initiatives.
Timeline for Marlins Charity Partner Empowerment Fund:
• Pre-proposal live (online): Monday, October 17, 2016
• Pre-proposal due (online): Wednesday, November 30, 2016 by 5 p.m.
• Notification and invitation to full-proposal: Friday, December 16, 2016
• Full- proposals due (by invitation only): Tuesday, January 31, 2017 by 5 p.m.
• Announcement of 2017 Charity Partners: March 2017
For more information on how to apply, please visit Marlins.com/EmpowermentFund.