Indians announce pregame festivities for ALDS Game 1 Thursday at Progressive Field
The Cleveland Indians today announced pregame festivities for ALDS Game 1 at Progressive Field on Thursday at 8:08PM.
Former Indians outfielder Tito Francona, father of current Tribe manager Terry Francona, will throw the ceremonial first pitch. Francona played six seasons with the Indians (1959-1964), finishing fifth in MVP voting in 1959 and making the AL All-Star team in 1961.
Gates will open at 6PM, and fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 7:30PM at the latest to enjoy all pregame festivities.
Each fan will receive a red #RallyTogether towel upon entering Progressive Field.
Pregame festivities include Tom Hamilton as emcee, Budweiser activation, Cleveland students manning American flag on field during anthem
The Indians will have a number of festivities for fans prior to Thursday's game.
Other festivities include:
- Tom Hamilton will emcee on-field pregame festivities
- Veteran local singer Jon Ridinger will sing the National Anthem
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District students and staff will volunteer to man a giant American flag on field for the anthem
- Color guards from the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard will present the colors
- Indians scouts and player development staff members will be recognized on field during pregame ceremonies
- Budweiser will bring its 'Bud and Burgers' trailer to Gateway Plaza, where fans over the age of 21 can enjoy Budweiser products up until game time
- The "Mike Trivisonno Show" will broadcast live from the main concourse (near The Corner) from 3-7:30PM
- KISS FM will broadcast live from Gateway Plaza from 5-8PM Thursday
- The band "We Are Radio" will perform live on Gateway Plaza from 5-7:30PM; Destination Cleveland's "This is CLE" letters also will be on the plaza for photo opportunities
- Dueling pianos are among the activities available in First Energy Heritage Plaza (center field) pregame