The Atlanta Braves Foundation is the non-profit arm of the Atlanta Braves, and raises money throughout the year through various initiatives such as a 50/50 raffle, auctions, memorabilia sales, luncheons, an annual golf tournament and more. Since its inception in 1994, the Braves Foundation has contributed $6.5 million in financial and in-kind assistance to community organizations. Through the generous support of Braves players and staff, sponsors and fans, the Atlanta Braves Foundation continuously strives to improve the quality of life for our youth.
For more information on the Atlanta Braves Foundation and the grant program, visit www.Braves.com/grants.
Summary of the 2016 Atlanta Braves Foundation Grants recipients and initiatives:
1. Boys and Girls Club will integrate healthy living values and skills for youth through their Learning Landscapes program.
2. The Brian Jordan Foundation will support Camp Jordan, a free baseball clinic for more than 500 disadvantaged children.
3. Camp Sunshine will enrich lives of Georgia's children with cancer and their families by providing summer recreation and educational support programs free of charge.
4. Camp to Belong will cover the full cost of summer camp, tutoring and enrichment activities for siblings living in separate foster homes.
5. Center for Working Families will launch the Breathing Life into the Next Generation family enrichment initiative, which teaches smart spending habits, parenting practices, and healthy lifestyle choices.
6. Children's Healthcare of Atlanta will provide S.A.V.E Training, which teaches coaches and parents lifesaving techniques for more than 2,000 youth athletes.
7. Christian Aid Mission Partnership Inc. will support several community programs providing school supplies, free lunch, and clothing for disadvantaged youth.
8. Cobb Community Alliance to Prevent Substance Abuse will facilitate the Sources of Strength and Active Parenting programs to provide substance abuse prevention training to families in the City of Marietta.
9. Cobb Health Futures Foundations will facilitate the Media-Smart Youth program that educates youth on media, physical activity and nutrition.
10. Cobb Police Athletic League will fund the PAL Power program which provides recreational activities, educational workshops and tutoring as means to prevent juvenile crime.
11. Cool Girls Inc will implement the Cool Fitness program to foster physical activity and healthy lifestyles as a means to combat childhood obesity.
12. Cure Childhood Cancer will provide meals to hospitalized cancer-stricken children and families through their Open Arms Program.
13. East Lake Foundation will purchase educational materials and program supplies for the RISE After School Program that serves children at Drew Charter School.
14. Everybody Wins! Atlanta will fund the Power Lunch program at Dunbar and Brumby Elementary Schools, including new book carts and 600 new books.
15. Grady Grey Knights Athletic Booster Club, Inc. will build a batting cage, bullpen and on-site practice facility for Grady High School's baseball and softball teams.
16. Gwinnett County Children's Shelter will purchase new computers, tablets, academic games, and software for the children in their care to complete school assignments and participate in year-round tutoring.
17. It's My Birthday, Inc. will fund birthday parties for children who otherwise would not have a celebration due to either medical limitations or a lack of financial resources.
18. Jack & Jill Late Stage Cancer Foundation will fund first-class WOW! experiences for families with a parent battling cancer.
19. LEAD Inc. will operate an organized fall baseball league for inner city youth and cover the costs of equipment, uniforms, meals and umpire fees.
20. LaAmistad, Inc. will purchase equipment for the new sites of their afterschool program including metal cabinets and bookcases.
21. Latin American Association will fund the education, health and wellness aspects of the Latino Youth Leadership Academy.
22. Marietta Mentoring for Leadership Program will cover the cost of instructors for camp activities for their Summer Leadership Camping Retreat designed to provide recreation, leadership training and career development for youth.
23. Marietta Police Athletic League, Inc. will enhance existing sports programs with new, additional equipment and supplies.
24. Maynard Holbrook Jackson High School Athletic Boosters, Inc. will provide sports equipment for various teams.
25. Must Ministries will fund their Feeding Initiative which will provide 28,000 meals through three food pantries, school based food pantries and summer lunch program.
26. Next Generation Men will provide career exposure opportunities and educational experiences for underserved high school students.
27. Nicholas House will provide educational field trips for homeless youth.
28. Pitch in for Baseball will provide baseball equipment for middle and high school students in Atlanta and Cobb County.
29. Sensations TheraFun will provide sports equipment for children with special needs in an adaptive indoor playground type facility.
30. Ser Familia will fund the Strengthening Families program which focuses on parenting skills, children's life skills and family skills.
31. The Center for Children & Young Adults will provide furniture for a youth shelter.
32. The Northside Hospital Foundation will distribute sun awareness education materials to 3,000 elementary students in grades K-5 in Cobb and Cherokee counties.
33. The Posse Foundation will provide college access, leadership development, and career training programs for the organization's scholarship recipients.
34. The Stacey and Bo Porter SELF Foundation will provide mentoring, academic, tutoring, sports and enrichment for students in the SELF after school program.
35. Youth Empowerment Though Learning, Leading and Serving, Inc. will provide program supplies for their mentoring and afterschool programs.
36. The Villages at Carver Family YMCA will support the youth baseball initiatives at the Atlanta Braves Baseball Academy.
37. Cobb Schools Foundation will partner with the Atlanta Braves Foundation to provide grants for teachers for innovative and creative ideas in teaching and learning.