The week began with the annual Gloves for Kids event on Monday. Royals Charities and broadcaster Ryan Lefebvre, with support from Rally House and 610 Sports Radio, hosted Gloves for Kids at Kansas Sampler Oak Park in Lenexa, Kan. Select Royals signed autographs for fans who donated at least $25 toward new baseball gloves for underprivileged youth. The players included Drew Butera, Hunter Dozier, Whit Merrifield, Kevin McCarthy, Alec Mills, Paulo Orlando, Brooks Pounders and Matt Strahm. Royals manager Ned Yost and broadcaster Rex Hudler also signed.
Tuesday, September 27 -- Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
- Ewing Kauffman 100th Birthday Celebration - The Royals will once again honor the Club's founder and first owner on the 100th anniversary of his birth this month with a special video presentation and pregame ceremony.
- 50/50 Raffle presented by Edelman & Thompson - A portion of the proceeds from the nightly Royals Charities fundraiser will benefit City Year, an education-focused organization dedicated to helping students and schools succeed. The organization will also distribute information outside the Royals Charities headquarters. www.royals.com/5050.
Wednesday, September 28 -- Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
- Dream Factory -- Throughout the season, the Royals grant the wishes of Dream Factory children. These youngsters, who face life-altering challenges, will meet Royals players, watch batting practice from the dugout and enjoy the game and refreshments. Their Royals experience appears on the KMBC-TV (Channel 9) 10 p.m. newscast.
- Royals Charities Check Presentation -- Royals Charities, in partnership with Bats Global Markets, will donate a check to Habitat for Humanity Kansas City.
Thursday, September 29 -- Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
- Royals Equipment Drive -- In support of the ongoing commitment from Major League Baseball, its clubs and the players to increase opportunities for youth participation in baseball and softball, the Royals, along with designated hitter Kendrys Morales and pitchers Kelvin Herrera and Yordano Ventura, are teaming up with the Baseball Tomorrow Fund (BTF) to host Royals Equipment Day. From 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m., fans are invited to donate new and used baseball and softball equipment, which will benefit the Alta Vista Charter School Baseball Program. Volunteers will be stationed outside the Royals Charities Headquarters next to the Royals Authentics store on the main concourse. Cash donations will also be accepted. In conjunction with the equipment collection, the Baseball Tomorrow Fund has awarded a $5,000 grant to Della Lamb Youth Services, presented on September 17.
Friday, September 30 -- Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Minor League Award Winners Make Community Appearances -- The Royals Minor League Pitcher and Player of the Year award winners will visit patients at The University of Kansas Hospital from 8:45 a.m. to 10 a.m. The group will then tour the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Saturday, October 1 -- Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 3:15 p.m.
- Royals Charities Ring Sweepstakes Presentation -- During a special pregame ceremony, the winner of the Royals Charities Ring Sweepstakes will receive her personalized 2015 World Champions ring.
Sunday, October 2 -- Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 2:15 p.m.
- Royals Charities Check Presentation -- Royals Charities, in partnership with Aramark, will present a check to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.