SAN FRANCISCO, CA - The San Francisco Giants are scheduled to open their 2017 season at the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday, April 2 and play their home opener against the Diamondbacks on Monday, April 10, the club announced today.
The 2017 season will mark the eighth-straight year that San Francisco has opened on the road. After opening the season against Milwaukee in 2016, the Giants will revive their recent trend of starting the season against a National League West opponent when they visit Arizona.
Following series in Arizona (April 2-6) and San Diego (April 7-9), the Giants will travel back to San Francisco for their first homestand of the year, a three-game set against the Arizona Diamondbacks (April 10-12) and a four-game set against the Colorado Rockies (April 13-16).
For the fifth-straight season, the Giants will play 19 games against each of their four National League West rivals - Arizona, Colorado, Los Angeles and San Diego.
The Giants will face the American League Central in Interleague, playing a home-and-home series with the Kansas City Royals (April 18-19 at Kauffman Stadium; June 13-14 at AT&T Park), a three-game home series with the Minnesota Twins (June 9-11) and Cleveland Indians (July 17-19), as well as a three-game road set with the Detroit Tigers (July 4-6) and Chicago White Sox (Sept. 8-10). A four-game, home-and-home series between the Giants and A's will take place, with the first series at the Oakland Coliseum (July 31-Aug. 1) and the second series following immediately after at AT&T Park (Aug. 2-3).
Information regarding holiday ticket sale and fanfest will be available in the fall.
Additional highlights of the San Francisco Giants' 2017 campaign include:
- San Francisco will finish the regular season at home against their NL West rival, San Diego Padres (Sept. 29-Oct. 1).
- 13 home weekends in all, including one against the Dodgers (Sept. 11-13) and one against the Twins (June 9-11).
- The longest homestand of the season is a 10-game set from July 17-26 against the Indians (July 17-19), Padres (July 20-23), and Pirates (July 24-26).
- The Giants will embark on one three-city road trip from May 1-10 (Los Angeles-NL, Cincinnati and New York).
- The Royals' two-game series at AT&T Park (June 13-14) will mark the first time Kansas City will visit the Shores of McCovey Cove since Game Five of the 2014 World Series.
- From July 17 to Aug. 9, the Giants will play 18 of their 23 contests at AT&T Park.