Plus, fans are invited to stop by Section 136 (outside of the Majestic Clubhouse Store) to write thank you notes to military members. The notes will be mailed over the holidays and included in care packages being sent to active military that are deployed.
2. WWE champion Daniel Bryan will make ceremonial first pitch Monday.
Also on Monday, September 12, Daniel Bryan, former three-time WWE World Heavyweight Champion and currently the on-screen general manager of SmackDown Live, will throw out a ceremonial first pitch prior to the game.
3. Phillies Welcome Back College Week features back-to-school specials around Citizens Bank Park. Plus, college students get great opportunity to go behind-the-scenes with Phillies executives with Phillies #CollegeSeries, which kicks-off Tuesday.
Starting on Monday, September 12 to Sunday, September 18, the Phillies are welcoming back all college students with back-to-school specials at Citizens Bank Park including:
- $17 tickets which include $12 in concessions credit
- Half-price hot dogs, soda and pretzels all game long at South Philadelphia Market Stands
- 15% off at the Majestic Clubhouse Store
Students can order in advance at phillies.com/college, or show their ID at the ticket window on the night of the game. Tickets will have a "COLLEGE" designation so cashiers will know who is eligible for the discounts.
Also, Tuesday, September 13, is the start of the Phillies Fall Semester College Night Series. College students and recent graduates are invited to go behind-the-scenes with Phillies executives prior to select games:
- Tues., Sept. 13, Phillies College Media Night presented by Philadelphia Public Relations Association (PPRA) for journalism, advertising, communications, broadcasting & marketing students.
- Wed., Sept. 14, Phillies College Finance Night presented by the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) for finance, accounting & business students.
- Thurs., Sept. 15, Phillies College Sport Management Night for business & sport management students, plus those involved in athletics.
Visit phillies.com/collegenight for a full list of sessions and speakers.
4. Phillies to host Band Night Thursday! Plus, final #TBT Emoji Night of the season.
On Thursday, September 15 the Phillies along with the Sforzando Music Group are hosting the second annual Phillies Band Night at Citizens Bank Park. Bands from the following schools will perform together pregame on Citizens Bank Way: Lower Cape Regional High School; Richard M. Teitelman School; Whitehall High School; Wyoming Valley West High School and Clayton High School. Also, one lucky band will perform the National Anthem on-field.
Thursday is also the final #TBT Emoji T-Shirt Theme Night. This special Theme Night Ticket gets you a t-shirt of your favorite former players as emojis, designed to look like they did in their playing days. Check out this fun throwback shirt featuring Phillies Alumni here.
5. Top scout honored with Dallas Green Award on Thursday.
Also on Thursday, September 15, the Dallas Green Award will be presented. This award is presented annually to an amateur or professional scout who best exemplifies the Phillies' standard for scouting while demonstrating the same loyalty, work ethic and dedication as Dallas Green. Presenting the award are Matt Klentak, Vice President and General Manager, Johnny Almaraz, Director, Amateur Scouting and Mike Ondo, Director, Professional Scouting.
For all games this series, Ashburn Alley opens at 5:05 p.m., all gates open at 5:35 p.m. Game time is 7:05 p.m. All games this series will be presented on Comcast SportsNet, MLB.TV and SportsRadio 94WIP.
Traffic Alert: Fans should be aware of dual events taking place at the sports complexes on Tuesday, September 13. In addition to the Phillies game at 7:05 p.m., there is an event at the Wells Fargo Center starting at 7:15 p.m. Motorists are reminded they can log on to www.511pa.com, www.511nj.org or call 511 from any phone before or after the game to check traffic conditions on major highways surrounding Citizen Bank Park.