The Angels return to the Big A for a seven-game homestand beginning Monday at 7:05 p.m. vs. the Seattle Mariners (Monday, August 15 - Thursday, August 18). The homestand ends Sunday, August 21 after a three-game set against the New York Yankees (Friday, August 19 - Sunday, August 21). Below is a look at the special events, promotions, and giveaways taking place at Angel Stadium during the homestand:
HEART & HUSTLE AWARD
Before the start of Monday's game, right fielder Kole Calhoun will be recognized in an on-field ceremony as the Los Angeles Angels winner of the 2016 Major League Baseball Heart & Hustle Award. Established by the MLB Players Alumni Association in 2005, the award is voted on by alumni and active Major League players and is given annually to an active player who displays a passion for the game of baseball and best exemplifies the values, spirit, and traditions of the game. One player from each Major League team is chosen by a committee and as the season ends, fans, alumni, and active players vote to select the final winner from the 30 team winners. Presenting the award will be Special Assistant to the General Manager Bud Black.
ANGELS HALL OF FAME CEREMONY
The Angels will induct former left fielder Garret Anderson into the Angels Hall of Fame in an on-field pregame ceremony on Saturday, August 20th. Drafted by the Halos in the fourth round of the 1990 MLB Draft, Anderson played the majority of his career with the organization (from 1994 to 2008) earning All-Star honors in 2002, 2003, and 2005, and played a pivotal role with the 2002 World Series championship team. Anderson was also the 2003 All-Star MVP and Home Run Derby winner. He holds numerous records within the Angels organization including: most hits (2,368), RBI (1,292), runs scored (1,024), extra base hits (796), doubles (489), and singles (1,572).
- Ducks Night at the Big A will be on Tuesday. Players from the Angels and Anaheim Ducks will don special batting practice jerseys and hats with Ducks players participating in batting practice and other pregame activities such as first pitch, t-shirt launches, and game ball delivery. In-game entertainment for the night will be Ducks-themed. The Ducks will also have their street team setting up booths throughout the stadium. Fans can save on tickets for the game in certain seating areas and receive a special Ducks-themed Angels hat when they visit the Angels' team website. Co-branded jerseys and hats will only be sold at the Angels team store that night.
- The We Care Hero Ceremony will be held prior to Tuesday's game to distinguish a community hero.
- Wednesday will feature the last St. Joseph Hospital Ceremony as a local hospital and its staff are recognized for their outstanding service.
- An on-field pregame ceremony by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society will include survivors chosen as the Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) for the Orange County chapter. The MWOY campaign is a spirited fundraising competition in the community for participants to create fundraising teams to compete for the title of Man or Woman of the year. The funds go towards LLS blood cancer research for local children who are survivors.
- Lose Control, a hard rock band from Hermosa Beach, will be performing in the Music Garden before Friday's game for the latest Live Music in the Garden Night.
- Fans are invited to stay after the conclusion of Saturday's game and enjoy a postgame fireworks show, presented by Wells Fargo.
- Family Sunday, presented by Yakult Probiotic Drink, will take place at the Gate 5 courtyard until the sixth inning. Young fans can find face painting, Halo ring toss and other games in the area. Additionally, Kids Run the Bases will be a participatory postgame event for children ages 5-12 to run around the bases.
- Sunday will include the latest Wells Fargo Hero Ceremony where a community hero is recognized.
GIVEAWAYS (while supplies last)
- Monday, August 15th: Panama golf hat presented by San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Wednesday, August 16th: Eco bag courtesy of Nitto Tire
- Thursday, August 18th: Hello Kitty plush toy