Sunday, August 7, 2016 - Cardinals vs. Atlanta Braves (1:15 p.m.)
Gates open at 11:15 a.m.
- Kids Replica Matt Carpenter Batting Practice Jersey Promotional Giveaway: The first 12,000 ticketed fans, ages 15 and younger, will go home with a replica Matt Carpenter Batting Practice Jersey. Presented by Powerade & Shop 'N Save.
- Christian Day at the Ballpark featuring David Eckstein: All fans are invited to participate in the annual Christian Day at the Ballpark. Following the game, fans can relocate to seats behind the Cardinals dugout to watch a special postgame program featuring 2006 World Series MVP David Eckstein, Mike Matheny and current Cardinals players. Eckstein will also throw a ceremonial first pitch before the start of the game. For more information, or to purchase tickets, fans can visit cardinals.com/christianday. Presented by Thrivent Financial.
- Prairie Farms Ice Cream Sunday: Starting two hours prior to the game, bring the entire family to Ford Plaza for games, prizes and free North Star ice cream (while supplies last).
- Cardinals Care 50/50 Raffle: Fans 18 and older may play the Cardinals Care 50/50 Raffle by going to any of the seven ticket kiosk locations throughout the stadium from the time gates open until the middle of the 7th inning. One lucky fan will receive 50 percent of the gross proceeds from the game's raffle ticket donations and the other half will benefit Cardinals Care. For past winning raffle numbers and kiosk locations, visit cardinals.com/5050.
- MLBPAA Auction: The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association will conduct a baseball-themed silent auction inside Gate 1 (Section 137), Gate 3 and the Cardinals Club from the time gates open through the fifth inning. All proceeds will benefit Cardinals Care and the Players Alumni Association, a non-profit group that strives to preserve the game of baseball while supporting a variety of charities.
Monday, August 8, 2016 - Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:15 p.m.)
Gates open at 5:45 p.m.
- Battle at Busch: 105.7 The Point and the Cardinals welcome back the Battle at Busch concert series. The 2016 schedule features 18 local bands over the course of six nights, at six different Cardinals home games in Ford Plaza. Tonight's battle features The Down Side, Useless Nation and The Miles. Gate 6 will open at 5:15 p.m. for the event. Performances begin at 5:30 p.m. with each act given 20 minutes to perform. Each band will be judged on a point system by Mozingo Music and 105.7 The Point. The top four scoring bands of the summer will be invited back to play on September 28th in the Battle at Busch finals for the grand prize package. Tickets are available for $10.57 to each Battle at Busch game by going to cardinals.com/battleatbusch.
- Trevor's Troops: Trevor Rosenthal and his Trevor's Troops program will host a group from the Compassionate Friends of Clinton County for tonight's game. The group will get to watch batting practice from the field and meet with Trevor in the dugout to take pictures and ask questions prior to the start of the game.
Tuesday, August 9, 2016 - Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:15 p.m.)
- Aaron Miles Budweiser Bash Theme Night: Fans who purchase a special Bud Bash Theme Ticket receive a voucher for a limited edition Aaron Miles mini bobblehead as we celebrate the 10th anniversary of the 2006 World Series Champion Cardinals. VIP ticket-holders will also have access to a pregame autograph session with Aaron. Fans must present the voucher in order to receive this promotional item. For more info, or to purchase general tickets, visit cardinals.com/theme (#BudBash).
- Soccer Theme Night: The Cardinals invite soccer fans of all ages to join us for Soccer Night at the ballpark. Fans who purchase this special theme night ticket will receive an exclusive St. Louis Cardinals soccer scarf. Come early for lots of pregame festivities including St. Louis FC, the St. Louis Ambush and an interactive kicking station. Fans must present the voucher in order to receive this promotional item. For more info, or to purchase tickets, visit cardinals.com/theme (#CardsTheme).
- HHMLBPAA Heart & Hustle Award: In a ceremony prior to the start of tonight's game, Stephen Piscotty will be recognized as the St. Louis Cardinals winner of the MLBPAA 2016 Heart and Hustle Award. The award honors an active player from each MLB team who demonstrate a passion for the game of baseball and best embodies the values, spirit and traditions of the game. Towards the end of the season, fans, all Alumni and active players will vote to select the final winner from the 30 team winners, with the final winner to be announced in November.
- Piscotty's Pals: Stephen Piscotty and his Piscotty's Pals program will host a group from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for tonight's game. The group will get to watch batting practice from the field and meet with Stephen in the dugout to take pictures and ask questions prior to the start of the game.
- Youth Circus Troupes at Ballpark Village: Peace Through Pyramids, a collaboration between Circus Harmony's diverse youth circus troupe, the St. Louis Arches, and the Galilee Circus, a Jewish/Arab youth circus from Israel, will perform at the Busch II Infield at Ballpark Village at approximately 5:15 p.m. Circus Harmony uses the teaching and performing of circus arts to motivate social change.
- Pregame Pom/Cheer/Dance Performance: Prior to the game, groups from Elsberry High School Dance, Hannibal High School Dance, Hillsboro Hawkettes, Stars R Us, Timberland High School Dance and Villa Grove High School Dance will perform in the Ford Plaza beginning at approximately 5:50 p.m.
- Cardinals Care Stadium Auction: Fans have the unique opportunity to bid on exclusive autographed Cardinals memorabilia at the game. The auction is a great way for fans and collectors to obtain specialty Cardinals items while helping support the programs that Cardinals Care provides to youth in the community. Auction tables are located at Gate 1 (Section 137), Gate 3, inside the Cardinals Club, UMB Champions Club and Redbird Club.
Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Reds (6:15 p.m.)
Gates open at 4:45 p.m.
- Runners Theme Night: The Cardinals invite all running enthusiasts to join us for Runners Night presented by New Balance. Fans who purchase the special theme ticket will receive an exclusive Cardinals runners technical t-shirt, perfect for your next jog. Fans must present the voucher in order to receive this promotional item. For more info, or to purchase tickets, visit cardinals.com/theme (#CardsTheme).
- Wainwright's Winners: Adam Wainwright and his Wainwright's Winners program will host a group from Division of Youth Services for tonight's game. The group will get to watch batting practice from the field and meet with Adam in the dugout to take pictures and ask questions prior to the start of the game.
- Pregame Pom/Cheer/Dance Performance: Prior to the game, groups from DK Dance Productions, Mattoon High School Cheer, Mehlville Pantherettes, Mt. Olive High School Cheer, Sperreng Middle School Cheer and Windsor Dance Team will perform in the Ford Plaza beginning at approximately 4:50 p.m.
MORE HOMESTAND INFORMATION
#STLisLou Social Media Campaign Launched to Honor Lou Brock
On April 19, the St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Civic leaders launched #STLisLou to honor Cardinals Hall of Famer Lou Brock, celebrate the St. Louis Community and raise money for children with diabetes. The Cardinals are encouraging fans to show their affection for Lou Brock all season long by sharing video messages, photographs and other messages via social media using the hashtag #STLisLou. The team is challenging fans to answer what does Lou Brock mean to you and what does he mean to St. Louis and the Cardinals?
Additionally, the team has partnered with Explore St. Louis and Downtown STL to develop "Tuesday's Are Lou's Day - Find Lou in the Lou!", a weekly social media based scavenger hunt around town that will reward lucky fans with tickets, exclusive #STLisLou Lou Brock autographed baseballs and other prizes. Fans can learn more about the campaign and see what others fans are posting to social media at cardinals.com/lou.
Molina's #Made4TheBest & Cardinals Treasure Hunt Fan Video Contests
The Cardinals recently launched two new fan video contests: Molina's #Made4TheBest and Cardinals Treasure Hunt.
Molina's #Made4TheBest contest asks fans to submit videos celebrating Molina or creatively communicating one or more of the values or themes underling Molina's M4 apparel brand. The fan that creates the best video will win the opportunity to meet Molina on the field at Busch Stadium on Oct. 1, as well as enjoy the game as a VIP with three friends in the President's Box. A dozen fans who participate in the video contest will also receive a Yadi #Made4TheBest autographed baseball as part of Molina's #Made4TheBest Mondays. Visit cardinals.com/yadi for more information.
For the Cardinals Treasure Hunt contest, fans are asked to record a video that is two minutes or less in length showing off your greatest Cardinals or baseball collectible. Be sure to tell us where it came from, how you got it, and what it means to you. Take a still image of the object and write a short description, then create your video and submit it at cardinals.com/treasurehunt. The fan with the best video will win a VIP prize pack including field box tickets and pregame field visit passes for Sept. 30, 2016 and a one year membership to the Cardinals Hall of Fame and Museum!
Cardinals Hall of Fame and Museum
Saturday Signings at the Museum, a new program held exclusively at the Cardinals Hall of Fame and Museum before each Saturday home game during the 2016 season where fans can meet and get an autograph from a former Cardinals player with valid admission to the museum. In addition to having valid admission, fans must obtain a free autograph line ticket which will be distributed starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Busch Stadium II Infield entrance to Cardinals Nation at Ballpark Village on the day of each Saturday signing. Players will sign for two hours prior to game time and fans will need to bring their own items to be autographed unless otherwise noted. Fans can visit cardinals.com/museum for more details and scheduling.
The Cardinals are proud to continue to offer the Hall of Fame & Museum Membership Program for fans in 2016. Individual ($50) or Family Membership ($85) options are available and membership benefits include unlimited museum admission for one year, guest passes, limited edition bobbleheads of Ken Boyer and Willie McGee, discounts to the Cardinals Authentics Shop & Cardinals Nation Restaurant, and access to select presales and member-only events. Visit cardinals.com/membership for more information.
The Cardinals Hall of Fame and Museum within Cardinals Nation features the largest team-held collection in baseball. The collection is second only to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in terms of size with over 20,000 memorabilia items and hundreds of thousands of archival photographs. Be sure to check out this year's special gallery, Farming the Business of Cardinals Baseball, which explores the history of baseball's first successful farm system and how it literally changed the sport. The Museum is open daily from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and remains open through the 7th inning on home game nights. Adult admission is $12, and tickets can be purchased at cardinals.com/museum (#CardsMuseum).
Rising Star Carlos Martinez Covers The New Edition of Cardinals Magazine
The new edition of Cardinals Magazine continues providing top-notch coverage for fans with a compelling cover story on starter Carlos Martinez. From his engaging social media interaction with fans to his various charitable endeavors, Martinez is demonstrating that he's committed to becoming more than just an elite pitcher.
Page after page, fans will enjoy this jam-packed edition-just in time for the start of summer! Read our exploration of the Cardinals prolific pinch hitting success in 2016 and continuation of our 10th anniversary celebration of the 2006 World Series Champions. We also take a closer look at the team's 2016 draft class, highlighted by a first-person account of draft night by first-round selection Dylan Carlson. And fans won't want to miss the latest journal installment by one of baseball's hottest hitters, Matt Carpenter, who talks about the birth of his baby daughter Kinley.
Now in its 25th season, Cardinals Magazine continues to provide its global readership with comprehensive, colorful coverage of all-things Cardinals. Fans can purchase the 100-plus page third issue for just $5 at Busch Stadium vendors inside each stadium gate, team store locations and Cardinals Authentics stores in Ford Plaza and Ballpark Village. Throughout St. Louis, the magazine is available for purchase at major retailers like Cardinals Clubhouse, Dierbergs, Schnucks, QuikTrip and Walgreens. Print and digital subscriptions are also available at cardinals.com/publications or 314-345-9000. New this season, you can follow Cardinals Magazine on Twitter @CardsMagazine for one-of-a-kind coverage and watch weekly video segments ("Inside Access with Cardinals Magazine") on the Cardinals Insider TV show or at cardinals.com/insider.
2016 Official Scorecard Celebrates 10th Anniversary of Busch Stadium III
One of the longest-standing collectible souvenirs in baseball, the scorecard represents much more than a means to keep track of the hits, runs and outs that occur over the course of a game. It's a tangible keepsake commemorating a game that might be memorable for any number reasons-a fan's first game, a couple's first date or a record-setting performance.
It's no wonder that the first order of business at Busch Stadium for baseball's best fans is a stop at a Cardinals Publications vendors cart inside each gate entrance to purchase the Official 2016 Cardinals Scorecard-sold individually or included with each copy of Cardinals Magazine.
This must-have keepsake features the striking artistic designs of local artist Mike Right, who has been creating the timeless Cardinals scorecard imagery since 2003. Inside, the scorecard also teaches fans how to score the "Cardinal Way"-a storied tradition by club officials that dates back to the 1940s. Be sure to purchase your 2016 Scorecard at the ballpark this season! Copies are also available online at cardinals.com/scorecard.
The Cardinals Authentics Shop - the official source of game-used and autographed collectibles and memorabilia directly from the club - will have game-used bases and baseballs available for purchase before the end of each game. All season long, fans will be able to take a piece of the game directly from the field to their home, all in one visit. For more information on Cardinals Authentics, and their two locations (inside Ford Plaza and at Cardinals Nation inside Ballpark Village), visit cardinals.com/authentics or follow them on Twitter @CardsAuthentics (#CardsAuthentics).
Cardinals Nation Restaurant and Bar
New this year, Cardinals Nation will host the Official Pre-Game Party of the St. Louis Cardinals. This ticketed pep-rally style party will be located on the second floor of Cardinals Nation in the Hall of Fame Club, two and a half hours prior to every Cardinals home game during the 2016 season. This exclusive Cardinals Nation pre-game event includes a full buffet menu, all-inclusive bar and a DJ or live music all the way until first pitch. Only 250 tickets will be allotted for each game, which fans can purchase at cardinals.com/pregame for digital delivery. Tickets can also be purchased at any box office or at the Cardinals Museum in Cardinals Nation.
Open daily, Cardinals Nation is the year-round home to Cardinals fans offering a variety of weekly programming and special events. Offering an expansive menu that recently added 17 new menu items, Cardinals Nation has something for everyone. This season, fans won't want to miss the following highlights:
- G&W Grill on Clark Street featuring St. Louis' own G&W Bratwursts and Hot Dogs on game days
- Dinger's Donuts and Gus' Pretzels game day carts on Clark Street
- Homerun Brunch every non-game Sunday from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Keep the Cup promotion on game days with 3 limited edition cups this season
- DJ after every game on the 1st floor of Cardinals Nation
- And much more! Visit cardinalsnation.com for details.
Ballpark Village is the place to be before, during and after the game! Since opening in March of 2014, Ballpark Village has hosted more than 10 million visitors of all ages from across the country and brought hundreds of great events to downtown St. Louis. As Ballpark Village enters its third year, several additions and improvements are underway. The brand new Prairie Farms Dugout will serve up Prairie Farms hand-dipped ice cream, North Star frozen novelties and cold beverages on the turf of the Busch II Infield. Inside fans can catch the pre-game pep rallies in FOX Sports Midwest Live! featuring emcee Todd Thomas and live post-game music by the region's greatest bands. When the Cardinals are away, Ballpark Village has fans covered with the return of the Official Away Game Watch Parties featuring premium giveaways.
Ballpark Village continues to host a variety of events while the Redbirds are out of town. Don't miss the Official St. Louis Cardinals Away Game Watch Parties with giveaways on August 11 (Safari Hat) and August 20 (Kids Jersey Lunch Bag).
On Saturday August 13, Ballpark Village presents Cars & Coffee from 10:00 a.m. until Noon. This free event will feature a display of over 100 cars, from classic to muscle, on the Ballpark Village west parking lot.
Don't miss the third annual Brew Fest sponsored by Budweiser on Saturday, August 20, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sample over 100 varieties of beer from nine local home brew clubs, enjoy live music by Kim Massie, feast on our famous pig roast, and don't miss the home brew Oktoberfest beer competition! The event will take place at the Budweiser Brew House outdoor beer garden and indoor beer hall. Tickets are available at ticketfly.com.
Saturday, August 20, is also Family Fun Day presented by Ashley Homestore from Noon to 5:00 p.m. on the Ballpark Village west parking lot. The event will feature over 20 activities including performances, rides, inflatables, games, face painting, music, sports teams and more. Admission into the event is free, but certain premium activities require a $10 all-access wristband. With the $10 all-access wristband, kids can enjoy ALL activities the entire day as many times as they wish! 100% of ticket sales will benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital!
2016 Official Team Media Guide
The St. Louis Cardinals official team Media Guide has long been relied upon by journalists and broadcasters who cover the team. Containing stats, photos and biographies of every player in the entire Cardinals organization, along with the definitive history of the club since its inception, the 2016 Media Guide is the best and most comprehensive book about the Cardinals.
The Cardinals annual media guide is a great collectable, with the cover each season highlighting a moment in Cardinals history. New this season, for every Media Guide purchased at the team store, Cards Authentics store or stands around the ballpark, fans will receive an exclusive poster featuring all 11 media guide covers at the new ballpark, along with the 2016 schedule. The 2016 Media Guide is available for $20 at the Team Store, Cardinals Authentics or cardinals.com/mediaguide.
Cardinals in the Community
Cardinals Care (#CardsCare) was established to give fans a way of teaming up with Cardinals players and the organization to help children in our community-both on and off the baseball field. Since it was established in 1997, Cardinals Care has distributed over $21 million to support St. Louis area non-profit youth organizations and built 21 youth ball fields in local under-resourced neighborhoods.
This year marks the 13th year of Cardinals Care's innovative Redbird Rookies program, a free baseball league for kids who otherwise might not have the opportunity to play. In addition to providing all the uniforms, gloves, bats, balls and other equipment needed for each team, Redbird Rookies also provides extensive off-field support in the areas of health, education, mentoring and the cultural arts for each of the nearly 4,500 kids who participate in the program each year.
Fans can support Cardinals Care by donating directly at cardinals.com/community or in a variety of ways:
- #STLisLou Buttons: The team is selling commemorative #STLisLou buttons to raise money for a special Cardinals Care fund established in Lou's name to help children with diabetes. All proceeds from the sale of the #STLisLou button will go toward the special fund. Fans can purchase the button for $5 at Busch Stadium in the Cardinals Team Store or in the Cardinals Authentics store, as well as at the Cardinals Authentics Store at Cardinals Nation in Ballpark Village. Fans can also purchase the buttons for $5, plus shipping & handling fees, or make a donation to the fund directly at cardinals.com/lou.
- Cardinals Care 6K & One Mile Fun Run: Registration is now open for the seventh annual Cardinals Care 6K and One Mile Fun Run set for Sunday, September 18th. Those interested in participating are encouraged to learn more and register at cardinals.com/6k (#CardsCare6K).
Cardinals Work #4AGreenerGame
The Green Team is a group of volunteers who walk down the aisles of the seating bowl in-between innings collecting recyclables from fans and promoting recycling at Busch Stadium. In exchange for their services, volunteers are able to watch the game in standing room only sections of Busch Stadium, as collections are only done in-between innings and during pitching changes so as not to disturb fans trying to watch the game. To volunteer or learn more, visit cardinals.com/green (#4AGreenerGame).
Follow the Cardinals on Social Media
Join the Cardinals throughout the season on a variety of social media platforms including Twitter (@Cardinals), Facebook (facebook.com/cardinals), Instagram (Cardinals), Snapchat (cardinals), Pinterest (pinterest.com/cardinalsmlb), Tumblr (stlcardinals) and Google + (St. Louis Cardinals). Fans will get an inside look at the team, exclusive promotions and giveaways, breaking club news, behind-the-scenes photos, videos and much more. For more info, and a list of verified player twitter accounts, visit cardinals.com/connect. Join the conversation using #STLCards.
Cardinals Launch @cardenales Spanish Language Twitter Account
The Cardinals have launched @cardenales, a Spanish language Twitter account in an effort to reach a rapidly growing segment of the team's domestic and international fan base. Followers of @cardenales will see real time updates about the Cardinals and unique Spanish language content designed to take fans behinds the scenes with the team.
Facebook Fridays with Fredbird
Every Friday, Fredbird and Team Fredbird will appear somewhere within Cardinal Nation to give away a select number of free tickets or items to lucky fans on a first come, first serve basis. Be sure to join the fun. To find out where Fredbird will be each week follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/cardinals and on Twitter @Cardinals, or visit cardinals.com/facebookfridays for more details (#Fredbird).
- Dynamic Deals of the Week: The Cardinals' value-based dynamic pricing system allows them to offer outstanding ticket savings to fans throughout the season. Special values will be highlighted each Monday as part of the "Dynamic Deals of the Week" promotion. Fans can sign up to receive weekly Dynamic Deal emails at cardinals.com.
- KMOX 1120 First Pitch Tickets: At 9:00 a.m. on the day of each game, the first 275 fans may purchase a voucher good for two tickets to that day's game for just $11.20. The voucher may be redeemed 10 minutes before the scheduled start of the game. The tickets may be anywhere in the park, depending on availability. Visit cardinals.com/firstpitch for full details.
- Coca-Cola Sundays: Enjoy Sunday games in select Pavilion and Terrace level seats at a special low price. Each ticket purchased also includes a free Coca-Cola and Hunter hot dog. Tickets start at just $10 each! Visit cardinals.com/cocacola to purchase tickets or for more details.
- Phillips 66 Discount Ticket Offer: Fill up with 8 gallons or more at participating Phillips 66 and receive a voucher for up to 50% off a pair of tickets to a Cardinals game. Visit cardinals.com/phillips66 for details.
- Cardinals/Six Flags Double Play Combo: Each Double Play Combo includes a ticket to a 2016 Cardinals game and one single-day admission to Six Flags for just $55. Visit cardinals.com/sixflags to purchase Double Play Combos or for more information.
For more information on Cardinals promotions and theme nights visit cardinals.com/promotions and cardinals.com/theme.
**Highway Construction Closes 7th Street Ramps Entering and Exiting I-55/I-44 Through December**
The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) has closed the ramps from 7th Street entering and exiting southbound I-55/westbound I-44 for the rest of the Cardinals season. MoDOT recommends that fans use the Walnut and Tucker ramps to get to games (especially from Illinois) and take Chouteau to Truman to leave.