Ken Griffey Jr.'s Hall of Fame plaque on display at Safeco Field on August 5 & 6
Fans will have a chance to see Ken Griffey Jr.'s bronze Hall of Fame plaque at Safeco Field on Friday, August 5 and Saturday August 6.
Those who have tickets to the games against the Los Angeles Angels on Friday and Saturday will have the opportunity to see the plaque. There is also a free public photo opportunity on Saturday from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm. Although the event is free, tickets are required. There are fewer than 200 tickets remaining avaible for the session.
Game Access Friday and Saturday
- The plaque will be located near the Seattle Mariners Team Store entrance on the Main Level near Section 142.
- Fans will be directed to the View Level (300 Level) to the queueing area along the Left Field ramp.
- In order to accommodate as many people as possible, fans will only be allowed to take one photo with the plaque.
- The line will be cutoff at some point during the game in order to accommodate everyone by the end of the game.
Saturday Public Photo Opportunity
For fans who do not have tickets to the games, there is a free public photo opportunity on Saturday from 8:00 am-1:00 pm.
- Admission is free, but tickets are required.
- Limited to the first 750 fans; up to four tickets per account.
- Tickets are available only at Mariners.com/Griffey.
- Tickets are "delayed delivery," meaning they will be available to print at home 24 hours before the event.
- Fewer than 200 tickets remain available.
Fans with tickets to the Saturday photo opportunity are strongly encouraged to arrive early. Everyone must be in line no later than 11:00 am on Saturday in order to be guaranteed a chance to see the plaque. In order to accommodate all ticketholders, guests will only be allowed to take one photo with the plaque.
Game Tickets Still Available
Tickets for the Friday and Sunday games of Ken Griffey Jr. Weekend at Safeco Field remain available. Saturday is virtually sold out, although limited Standing Room Only Tickets are available.
Tickets can be purchased online at Mariners.com/Tickets and by phone at 1-888-SEA-HITS (service charges apply). Tickets are available without a service charge at the Safeco Field Box Office and Seattle Mariners Team Stores (downtown Seattle at 4th & Stewart, Bellevue Square, Southcenter Mall and Alderwood Mall).