The Texas Rangers return to Arlington to host the Minnesota Twins in the final series before the All-Star Break from July 7 to July 10.
Minnesota makes its only trip of the season to the Lone Star State for the four-game set beginning Thursday, July 7 at 7:05 p.m.; Friday, July 8 at 7:05 p.m.; Saturday, July 9 at 8:05 p.m.; and Sunday, July 10 at 2:05 p.m.
The homestand opens Thursday with another Papa John's Texas Rangers Throwback Thursday Collectors pin for the first 10,000 fans. This edition of the giveaway commemorates Ivan Rodriguez winning his 10th consecutive gold glove in 2001.
Giveaways continue Friday, when the first 7,000 fans, 13 and younger, will receive a plastic ball and bat set.
Hamels' Heroes returns on Friday, the date of Cole Hamels' next projected start. Special tickets in section 9 with T-shirts and K-cards can be purchased for each of Hamels projected home starts. Post-game fireworks with an 80s theme will also highlight Friday's festivities.
Texas A&M University night also falls on Friday, and will feature Denver Broncos linebacker and former Aggie, Von Miller, throwing out a ceremonial first pitch.
On Saturday, the first 7,500 fans, 13 and younger, will receive a Medical City Children's Hospital Shin-Soo Choo Tin Lunch Box. The night's festivities will also include a pre-game presentation to honor Ian Desmond as the Rangers Player of the Month for June.
The homestand concludes Sunday with a Majestic All-Star Send Off for Hamels and Desmond, who will represent the Rangers at the midsummer classic. And the first 15,000 fans at the contest will receive a Dr Pepper/Tom Thumb Cole Hamels Bobblehead.
Sunday's game also marks another Blue Bell Ice Cream Sunday for youngsters under 13.
Tickets can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972.RANGERS, and at the Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Thursday, July 7 vs. Minnesota Twins - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Papa John's Texas Rangers Throwback Thursday Collector Pin (first 10,000)
- Pre-game presentation for the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team for Men's Foil and Women's Foil including athletes Lee Kiefer, Nzingha Prescod, Race Imboden, Alex Massialas, and Gerek Meinhardt along with coaches Greg Massialas and Buckie Leach
- Pre-game check presentation for proceeds from annual Triple Play event presented by representatives of Park Place and the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation
- National Anthem performed by Shaylen Carroll, friend of USSSA
Friday, July 8 vs. Minnesota Twins - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Plastic Ball & Bat (first 7,000, 13 and younger)
- New Era Alumni Alley-outfielder Tom Grieve, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
- Air Force Induction pregame
- Texas A&M University Night
- Ceremonial first pitch by Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller, for Texas A&M
- National Anthem performed by Master Sergeant Shonda Winkler
- U.S. Air Force Flyover following the National Anthem
- God Bless America performed by saxophonist Paul Rogers
- Hamels' Heroes - for each of Cole Hamels' projected home starts, special tickets in Section 9 are available with
- T-shirts and K-cards
- 80s themed post-game fireworks