With less than 30 hours remaining in the voting period for the 2016 Major League Baseball All-Star Game presented by MasterCard, several positional leaders have seen their leads shrink over the last two days. The 2016 Esurance MLB All-Star Game Ballot, which is available exclusively online via MLB.com, Club sites and mobile devices, will be accessible until the voting period ends on Thursday, June 30th at 11:59 p.m. (ET). The 2016 All-Star teams will be unveiled on Tuesday, July 5th on the Esurance All-Star Selection Show on ESPN at 7:00 p.m. (ET).
Among the voting highlights of the previous two days:
- Buster Posey of the San Francisco Giants has reclaimed the lead over Yadier Molina of the St. Louis Cardinals by approximately 107,000 votes, receiving 51.5% more votes over the last two days.
- Washington's Daniel Murphy has outgained NL second base leader Ben Zobrist of the Chicago Cubs by 53.5% and now trails by less than 185,000 votes.
- Colorado's Nolan Arenado has outgained NL third base leader Kris Bryant of the Cubs by 25.1% and is trailing by approximately 290,000 votes.
- New York Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes has moved to the front of the NL outfield race by just over 4,000 votes while receiving 41.5% more votes than Dexter Fowler of the Cubs, who now ranks second among NL outfielders.
- Colorado's Trevor Story has outgained NL shortstop leader Addison Russell of the Cubs by 20.0% and now trails by approximately 290,000 votes.
- Mookie Betts of the Boston Red Sox is holding on to the third AL outfield spot by less than 50,000 votes as Kansas City's Lorenzo Cain, Baltimore's Mark Trumbo and Toronto's Jose Bautista continue to keep pace. Betts also has outgained his teammate Jackie Bradley Jr. for the second AL outfield spot, and now trails by approximately 225,000 votes.
Following the announcement of the American League and National League All-Star rosters, fans will begin voting to select the final player for each League's 34-man roster via the 2016 Esurance MLB All-Star Game Final Vote. Fans will cast their votes from a list of five players from each League over the balloting period. Now in its 15th season with nearly 600 million votes cast, fans again will be able to make their Final Vote selections on MLB.com, Club sites and their mobile devices.
The AL All-Star Team will have nine elected starters via the fan balloting program, while the NL All-Star Team will have eight fan-elected starters. The pitchers and reserves for both squads - totaling 25 for the NL and 24 for the AL - will be determined through a combination of "Player Ballot" choices and selections made by the two All-Star managers - AL skipper Ned Yost of the defending World Series Champion Royals and NL manager Terry Collins of the New York Mets.
This year's final phase of All-Star Game voting again will have fans participating in the official voting for the Ted Williams All-Star Game Most Valuable Player Award presented by Chevrolet. During the Midsummer Classic, fans can vote exclusively at MLB.com and the 30 Club sites - online or via their mobile devices - with the 2016 All-Star Game MLB.com MVP Vote, and their collective voice will represent 20 percent of the official vote determining this year's recipient of the Arch Ward Trophy.
MLB All-Star Week includes the MLB All-Star Game presented by MasterCard at Petco Park (July 12th), Gatorade All-Star Workout Day featuring the T-Mobile Home Run Derby (July 11th), All-Star Sunday featuring the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game and All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game (July 10th), All-Star FanFest at the San Diego Convention Center (July 8th-12th), plus a lineup of additional events taking place around the city. The 87th Midsummer Classic will be televised nationally by FOX Sports; in Canada by Rogers Sportsnet and RDS; and worldwide by partners in more than 160 countries. ESPN Radio and ESPN Radio Deportes will provide exclusive national radio coverage of the All-Star Game. MLB Network, MLB.com and Sirius XM also will provide comprehensive All-Star Week coverage. For more information about MLB All-Star Week and to purchase tickets, please visit AllStarGame.com and follow @AllStarGame on social media.