The Tampa Bay Rays return to Tropicana Field to begin a three-team, 11-game homestand on Monday. The Rays first host the Boston Red Sox for the first time this season in a three-game set (June 27-29). The homestand continues when the Detroit Tigers (June 30-July 3) come to town on Thursday for a four-game series. The Rays will close out the homestand with a four-game set against the Los Angeles Angels (July 4-7). The 11 games, which are scheduled without an off-day, mark the longest homestand at Tropicana Field since July 26-August 5, 2010 (11).
The Rays take on the Red Sox on Monday, June 27 and Tuesday, June 28 at 7:10 p.m., while the series finale is slated for a 12:10 p.m. start on Wednesday, June 29. When gates open prior to Wednesday's game, all kids 14 and under will receive Cheer Sticks.
The Rays-Tigers series begins on Thursday, June 30 with a 7:10 p.m. contest and continues on Friday at 7:10 p.m. Prior to Saturday's game at 4:10 p.m., all fans will receive a Floppy Hat presented by Florida Department of Transportation. The following day, the four-game series concludes with a 1:10 p.m. matinee and all kids 14 and under will receive a Pennant Flag presented by FOX Sports Sun. All Rays promotional items are available while supplies last.
For the first time since 2012, the Rays will play host at Tropicana Field on Independence Day as they welcome the Angels for a four-game set on Monday, July 4 at 1:10 p.m. The series continues on Tuesday, July 5 and Wednesday, July 6 at 7:10 p.m and concludes on Thursday, July 7 with a 12:10 p.m. start. Upon entry to that game, all kids 14 and under will receive Cheer Sticks.
Rays Family Fun Days, presented by Tampa General Hospital, continue on Sunday,
July 3. Every Sunday home game this season will feature free parking for cars with four or more passengers and a variety of postgame activities for kids, including Kids Run the Bases and a DJ Kitty Dance Party featuring mascots and entertainers. For the third consecutive season, concourse activities will be complimentary for kids 14 and under. Activities include the Grand Slam Alley, Power Alley Batting Cage, Speed Pitch, Raymond's Art Studio and Topps Make Your Own Baseball Card. Extra entertainers will also perform on Sundays, including face painters, airbrush tattoo artists, magicians, caricaturists, stilt walkers, jugglers and balloon artists.
The Rays are also offering new weekday specials throughout the season including:
- Monday-Military Monday, presented by the Tampa Bay Times: For all active-duty military, retired and honorably discharged veterans, the Rays will offer two free tickets for all Monday home games and eight additional bonus dates throughout the season. The Rays are also extending this courtesy to dependents of military personnel including any spouse, child or widow. Military affiliation will be verified through ID.me, a third-party MLB-approved verification service.
- Tuesday-$2 Kids Ticket Tuesday, presented by Morgan Auto Group: For all Tuesday home games, tickets for kids 14 and under are $2 with the purchase of a full-priced adult ticket.
- Wednesday-$2 Hot Dog Wednesday, presented by Kayem Franks: For all Wednesday home games, all-beef hot dogs and 24 oz. Pepsi product fountain drinks at concession stands are just $2 each. A total of 44,527 hot dogs have been sold during the first six Wednesdays of the season.
- Thursday-Senior Special, presented by Duke Energy: For all Thursday home games, Press Level tickets for fans 60 years of age or older are only $15.
- Friday-Student Rush, presented by Papa John's: For all Friday home games, students (18 and over) with a valid student ID can purchase lower level tickets for $15.
COMING UP AT THE REPUBLIC BANK DRAFT ROOM-On Friday, July 1, from 6:00-6:30 p.m., Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Ryan Davis will participate in a meet-and-greet in the Republic Bank Draft Room, the new, exclusive area for season ticket holders which blends hospitality and comfort with behind-the-scenes access to Rays staff, players and coaches.
GATES OPEN-Monday-Thursday, 1½ hours prior to game time; Friday through Sunday, 2 hours prior to game time.*Exceptions to normal gate time this homestand include: Wednesday, June 29 (12:10 p.m. start), Monday, July 4 (1:10 p.m. start) and Thursday, July 7 (12:10 p.m. start), as gates will be open 2 hours prior to game time on those dates.