The upcoming 10-game homestand features the Nationals' annual Independence Day celebration, as well as several exciting giveaway items, including a Jayson Werth & Pet Figurine, Nationals Rat Pack Poster, Herbert Hoover Bobblehead and Bryce Harper Chia Pet. There will also be two special-ticket events, as Ladies Night and College Rivalry Day both return to Nationals Park.
MONDAY, JUNE 27
· Jayson Werth & Pet Figurine: The first 20,000 fans who enter the ballpark through ALL GATES will receive a Jayson Werth & Pet Figurine, featuring Nationals OF Jayson Werth and his dog Magnus. Tickets for Monday's game are available at nationals.com/tickets.
· Champions Day #1: The Nationals are proud to support youth baseball and softball in the D.C. area with the Champions Day program. The first of two Champions Days is dedicated to honoring area high school teams who have won state championships. These teams will participate in a special Champions Day presentation during the pregame ceremony and will receive complimentary tickets, a Champions Day T-shirt, a DVD copy of the ceremony and a team picture. For more information, visit nationals.com/championsday.
· McDonald's McCafé Beverage Sampling: McDonald's will provide complimentary samples of McCafé beveragesoutside the Center Field Gates on N Street SE as fans enter the ballpark. Available while supplies last.
TUESDAY, JUNE 28
· Military Branch Days Delivered by UPS - U.S. Army Day: U.S. Army Day delivered by UPS, the second of the 2016 Military Branch Days, honors and celebrates the U.S. Army. Representatives from the U.S. Army will participate in pregame ceremonies and be special guests of the Nationals for the Salute to Service. Highlights will include:
o U.S. Army Blues band "Swamp Romp" performing in Budweiser Terrace
o U.S. Army Drill Team performing in the outfield
o U.S. Army Color Guard with Fife and Drum Corps presenting our nation's colors
o U.S. Army Chorus performing the National Anthem
o U.S. Army Chorus Quartet performing God Bless America
o Ceremonial first pitch thrown by General Mark Milley, Chief of Staff of the Army
o Starting Lineup Tunnel featuring children of Army service members
o The Honorable Eric Fanning, Secretary of the Army, delivering the game ball to the game's starting pitcher
o Play Ball announcement made by Daniel Dailey, Sergeant Major of the Army
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29
· College Rivalry Day - Virginia & Virginia Tech: Commonwealth rivals reunite for the second annual College Rivalry Day at Nationals Park. With the purchase of a special ticket, fans can enjoy pregame festivities and take home a Nationals-branded Cup with either the Virginia or Virginia Tech logo. To help celebrate the occasion, Redskins playersMorgan Moses (Virginia) and Kendall Fuller (Virginia Tech) will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Tickets for College Rivalry Day can be purchased at nationals.com/collegerivalryday.
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: District Trivia, LLC will host a trivia contest at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 4:30 p.m. As always, the Budweiser Terrace will feature daily happy hour specials, including $5 beers from the time gates open until 35 minutes before first pitch.
THURSDAY, JUNE 30
· Ladies Night: The 9th annual Ladies Night returns to Nationals Park. With the purchase of a special ticket, fans can enjoy pregame festivities including player appearances, a DJ, fashion show, a visit from the Racing Presidents and much more. Ladies Night participants will also take home an exclusive Nationals-branded infinity scarf. This event is sold out, but tickets for the game are available at nationals.com/tickets.
· Youth Baseball Uniform Program Complimentary Ticket Day: As part of the Nationals Youth Baseball Uniform Program, D.C. Little League players are offered complimentary tickets to the game on Thursday. The Nationals provide, at no cost to the leagues, a Nationals T-shirt or jersey and cap to EVERY child playing baseball or softball in a District of Columbia sanctioned Little League or the District of Columbia Parks and Recreation Rookie League. The program also includes annual Little League visits by Nationals players. For more information, visit nationals.com/uniformprogram.
· Anthony's Academy All-Stars: Nationals 3B Anthony Rendon will host a group of scholar-athletes from the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy - where Anthony sits on the Board of Directors - at Nationals Park to watch a Major League game. As part of this season-long program, the group will enjoy a private meet-and-greet with Anthony, special batting practice viewing, tickets to the game and NatsBucks. For more information on the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy, visit nationalsacademy.org.
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: DJ Stylus Chris will be performing, as well as hosting Party Night at the Budweiser Terrace beginning at 4:30 p.m. As always, the Budweiser Terrace will feature daily happy hour specials, including $5 beers from the time gates open until 35 minutes before first pitch.
FRIDAY, JULY 1
· Freedom Fireworks Presented by Associated Builders and Contractors: Following the game, fans can watch a special patriotic fireworks display to kick off Independence Day festivities. Prior to the fireworks display, fans will be treated to a special performance by the U.S. Navy Ceremonial Guard Drill Team.
SATURDAY, JULY 2
· Rat Pack Night - Poster Giveaway: The Nationals will give away a Nationals Rat Pack Poster to the first 25,000 fans who enter the ballpark through ALL GATES. In addition, there will be a Golden Ticket Giveaway for a few lucky fans to take home an exclusive item. Tickets for Saturday's game are available at nationals.com/ratpacknight.
· Clint Robinson at T-Mobile: Nationals 1B Clint Robinson will be at the T-Mobile store on Clarendon Boulevard in Clarendon, Va., from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. for a meet-and-greet with fans.
SUNDAY, JULY 3
· Herbert Hoover Bobblehead Presented by the White House Historical Association: In partnership with the White House Historical Association, the Nationals will be giving away a Herbert Hoover bobblehead to the first 25,000 fans who enter the ballpark through ALL GATES. Herbie is a visiting Racing President who was introduced earlier this season. Tickets for Sunday's game are available at nationals.com/tickets.
· Kids Run the Bases: All kids ages four through 12 will have the opportunity to run the bases after Sunday home games, weather permitting. Jr. Nationals MVP members will have access to an exclusive line that will go onto the field first. For more information on the Jr. Nationals Kids Club, visit nationals.com/jrnats.
MONDAY, JULY 4
· Patriotic Series Presented by SAIC - Independence Day: In celebration of our nation's independence, the Nationals will host the third game of the 2016 Patriotic Series on Monday against the Milwaukee Brewers.Representatives from the U.S. Armed Forces will participate in pregame ceremonies and be special guests of the Nationals. The Nationals offer active duty military, veterans and first responders exclusive discounts all season long.For more information on the Patriotic Series or to purchase tickets, visit nationals.com/military.
TUESDAY, JULY 5
· Bryce Harper Chia Pet: The first 20,000 fans who enter the ballpark through ALL GATES will receive a Bryce Harper Chia Pet. Tickets for Tuesday's game are available at nationals.com/tickets.
· Harper's Heroes: In partnership with the Nationals and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Harper's Heroes is an ongoing program that treats families affected by childhood cancers to a fun-filled day at Nationals Park. NationalsOF Bryce Harper will host families from the Harper's Heroes program before the Nationals take the field against the Tigers. The VIP experience includes a private meet and greet with Bryce as well as a special batting practice viewing, T-shirts, tickets to the game and NatsBucks.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 6
· $1 Hot Dogs Presented by Hatfield: Hot dogs will be just $1 at all Nats Dogs stands and additional select locations until the start of the sixth inning. While supplies last, some restrictions apply.
CURLY W LIVE
Want to see more photos, videos and fun features about your favorite Nationals players? Want to learn more about what's happening at Nationals Park and what the team is doing in the community? Nationals fans are encouraged to check out Curly W Live, the official blog of the Washington Nationals, by visiting curlyw.mlblogs.com. To subscribe, enter your email address on the right-hand side of the page under "Follow Curly W Live."
2016 MLB ALL-STAR GAME VOTING
The 2016 Esurance MLB All-Star Game Ballot is still open! Nationals fans can cast their votes by visitingnationals.com/vote. You can also receive the 2016 Esurance MLB All-Star Game ballot by texting VOTE or VOTA to 89269. Remember: vote today, vote tomorrow, vote Nats!
PARKING, SAFETY AND TRANSPORTATION
Metro's Safe Track Plan started Saturday, June 4, and is expected to cause delays throughout the Metro system. Please visithttp://wmata.com/rail/safetrack.cfm regularly for the most updated Safe Track information and allow extra time traveling to and from Nationals Park.
As part of Major League Baseball's ongoing safety enhancements at all ballparks, Nationals Park introduced walk-through metal detectors before the 2015 season. These safety precautions will continue throughout the 2016 season. The Nationals have added metal detectors at all entrances, including Third Base, as well as the ADA First Base Accessible entrance. Fans are encouraged to allow plenty of extra time when getting to their seats.
Fans traveling to the park should be aware of the many new construction projects underway in the surrounding area. To ensure safe crossings, please be mindful of signage and directions given by public safety officers.