As the Royals return home to host the Chicago White Sox (May 26-29) and the Tampa Bay Rays (May 30-June 1), the Club will host many community initiatives at Kauffman Stadium. Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas will host children and families from their respective charities, Big Brothers Big Sisters (May 26) and Moose Lodge (May 27). In addition, Breast Cancer Awareness (May 26) and Play Sun Smart (May 29) will take place during the homestand. The annual player calendar shoot with Braden's Hope for Childhood Cancer will take place on May 31. Please see below for more details.
Thursday, May 26 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Hosmer hosts Big Brothers, Big Sisters - Eric Hosmer will host 30 participants from the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City program. The first baseman will meet the group in the stands during Royals batting practice.
- Breast Cancer Awareness - The Royals will host Komen Kansas City Night to recognize breast cancer survivors, including the MLB Honorary Batgirl Nancy Monasmith from Independence, Mo. She will join other survivors during a special pre-game presentation. In addition, Leslie Gordon, mother of Alex Gordon and also a breast cancer survivor, will throw out the first pitch. A special auction of select pink game-used items to benefit Royals Charities in support of Komen Kansas City is available at www.royals.com/auction.
- 50/50 Raffle presented by Edelman & Thompson - A portion of the proceeds from the nightly Royals Charities fundraiser will benefit the Susan G. Komen Greater Kansas City. The organization will also distribute information outside of Royals Charities headquarters. www.royals.com/5050.
Friday, May 27 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Moose Lodge - Third baseman Mike Moustakas, together with the Royals and KCP&L, will host foster care children and their families in the Moose Lodge. Each child from KVC Health Systems will receive complimentary tickets, a "Moose Lodge" t-shirt and a free meal courtesy of ARAMARK and Papa John's Pizza. The special guests will also participate in a meet-and-greet with Moustakas before the game.
- Green Team - During select games throughout the season, local organizations and volunteers who sign-up to be a part of the Royals Green Team, sponsored by Republic Services, will help collect aluminum and recyclable plastics at the stadium gates as well as throughout multiple innings of the game.
Saturday, May 28 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
Sunday, May 29 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
- Play Sun Smart - The Royals join Major League Baseball and the American Academy of Dermatology for Play Sun Smart Day. Fans can learn about skin cancer prevention, symptoms and treatment from skin cancer experts from the University of Kansas Hospital at Gate D prior to the game. A special pregame presentation will feature families who have been affected by skin cancer and sun safety tips.
- Celebration at the Station - The Royals 2015 World Champions Trophy will be one highlight of the annual Kansas City Symphony Memorial Day Weekend concert at 8 p.m. at Union Station. The concert will feature patriotic favorites and local jazz greats.
Monday, May 30 - Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Armed Forces Night presented by Budweiser - Join us for a special pregame ceremony honoring the men and women who serve our country. Members of the military will also be honored throughout the game through the Buck O'Neil Legacy Seat and Our Heroes program, as well as other special in-game features. In addition, special ticket pricing will be available for members of the military and their families. For more information, visit www.royals.com/military.
Tuesday, May 31 - Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Braden's Hope Calendar Shoot - Several Royals players will take part in a calendar photo shoot during the day at Kauffman Stadium. Each player will be paired with a child battling cancer for a series of photos at various locations throughout the stadium. The 2017 calendar will be available in July with proceeds benefiting Braden's Hope for Childhood Cancer Research.
Wednesday, June 1 - Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Dream Factory - Throughout the season, the Royals grant the wishes of Dream Factory children. These youngsters, who face life-altering challenges, will meet Royals players, watch batting practice from the dugout and enjoy the game and refreshments. Their Royals experience appears on the KMBC-TV (Channel 9) 10 p.m. newscast.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.