As the Royals return home to host the Atlanta Braves (May 13-15) and Boston Red Sox (May 16-18), the club will host many community events. Throughout the weekend, Major League Baseball's Play Ball initiative will feature different events each day (May 13-15). The annual Royals Charities Broadcast Auction will also take place on May 17. Please see below for more details.
Friday, May 13 - Atlanta Braves vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Play Ball Clinic - Royals Hall of Famer Dennis Leonard and former Royals outfielder Les Norman will coach preselected kids during a clinic as a part of the MLB Play Ball weekend. The clinic will take place at Field #1 at the Johnson County 3&2 complex, located at 18300 W. 87th Street, Lenexa, Kan., from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. All kids who participate will receive a Royals-Play Ball branded plastic bat and ball set.
- Moose Lodge - Third baseman Mike Moustakas, together with the Royals and KCP&L, will host foster care children and their families in the Moose Lodge. Each child from Midwest Foster Care and Adoption Association will receive complimentary tickets, a "Moose Lodge" t-shirt and a free meal courtesy of ARAMARK and Papa John's Pizza. The special guests will also participate in a meet-and-greet with Moustakas before the game.
- KU Health Awareness Night - The Royals and The University of Kansas Hospital are proud to partner to bring Colon Cancer Awareness Night to Kauffman Stadium. Fans can learn about colon cancer through interactive displays and distributed information. Honorees associated with the initiative will take part in the first pitch ceremony and the Buck O'Neil Legacy Seat program.
Saturday, May 14 - Atlanta Braves vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
- Play Ball Weekend Events - As a part of MLB's Play Ball weekend before the game, Royals players and coaches will join preselect children in the media press room located on the clubhouse level for a special kids-only press conference. Set to begin at approximately 4:30 p.m., children will ask the players and coaches various questions. Prior to the game, preselected young ballplayers will participate in various elements including a recognition, a special "Cap Exchange" and will take part in player introductions. Royals players will also wear special Play Ball-branded shirts during batting practice and special jersey patches during the game that night.
Sunday, May 15 - Atlanta Braves vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
- Salute to the Negro Leagues Jersey Auction - Starting at 8 a.m., fans can bid on one-of-a-kind game-used Salute to the Negro Leagues jerseys, hats and helmets from Royals players. All proceeds benefit the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. The Braves and Royals will pay tribute to Kansas City's rich baseball tradition with this annual salute. To see the items up for bid or for more information, visit www.royals.com/nlbm.
- Play Ball and Skippy Fun Run - In conjunction with Play Ball weekend, all fans 14 and under who run the bases after the game (conditions permitting) will receive a Royals-Play Ball branded plastic bat and ball set.
Monday, May 16 - Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 6:05 p.m.
- "C" You at The K - Royals General Manager Dayton Moore, together with the "C" You in the Major Leagues Foundation (CYITML) and the Royals, will host area groups to join him at select games this season. The special guests from Ozanam will watch batting practice, enjoy dinner with Moore and watch the Royals game. The CYITML Foundation was founded in January 2014 to support youth baseball, education, faith-based organizations and events and families in crisis throughout the greater Kansas City area and beyond.
Tuesday, May 17 - Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Dream Factory - Throughout the season, the Royals grant the wishes of Dream Factory children. These youngsters, who face life-altering challenges, will meet Royals players, watch batting practice from the dugout and enjoy the game and refreshments. Their Royals experience appears on the KMBC-TV (Channel 9) 10 p.m. newscast.
- Royals Charities Broadcast Auction - Royals Charities and FOX Sports Kansas City will partner for the seventh-annual Broadcast Auction on Tuesday, May 17. The special on-air auction will take place throughout the television broadcast when the Royals host the Boston Red Sox. Viewers will have the opportunity to bid on several unique ballpark experiences with players and purchase special ticket packages for just $49. The broadcast auction will begin at 6:30 p.m. during Royals Live and run throughout the game. For more information, visit www.royals.com/broadcastauction.
Wednesday, May 18 - Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.