The Phillies return to Citizens Bank Park this weekend to play the Cincinnati Reds (Friday, May 13 - Sunday, May 15). Here is what's planned around this series, which leads off a nine-game homestand at the ballpark.
- Teacher All-Stars Honored on Friday!
The Phillies are honoring the area's Top 10 Teacher All-Stars on the field, selected from over 1,000 nominations, during ENGIE Teacher Appreciation Night. A special Theme Night Ticket offer is available for teachers, along with their students and families, attending that night's game.
Ashburn Alley opens at 5:05 p.m., all gates open at 5:35 p.m. Game time is 7:05 p.m.
- Down Syndrome Awareness Night to Feature Rothman Hometown Hero Base Change & Elvis!
During Friday's game, a young man with Down Syndrome will be honored (and surprised) as the Rothman Hometown Hero and will change a base during the third inning. Also, be on the lookout for a very special 5th inning Phanatic dance with "Elvis" - impersonated by Down Syndrome advocate Mickey Pagnotta.
- Teva Respiratory Night! Plus Phillies and Chevrolet to Celebrate PLAY BALL WEEKEND.
It's the inaugural 'PLAY BALL WEEKEND' in support of youth playing baseball and softball!
All gates open at 5:05 p.m. Game time is 7:05 p.m.
- Sunday: MLB Play Ball Day proudly supported by Chevrolet, where all children 14 and under will receive a Bat and Ball set… Nemours Kid's Run the Bases, where all children 14 and under are invited to go onto the field and run the bases immediately following the game.
All gates open at 11:35 a.m. Game time is 1:35 p.m.
- Phillies Honorary Bat Girl Honored On-Field Sunday.
Be on the lookout for Phillies Honorary Bat Girl Linda Duaime, a Northeast Philadelphia resident who will be honored on the field prior to the game for her inspirational fight against breast cancer. Read here about Duaime's life-changing diagnosis, as well as what she's doing to make a difference when it comes to "Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer." Over 100 of Duaime's supporters will be at the game to cheer her on.
- Darren Daulton First Pitch on Sunday!
It's an honor to have Phillies Wall of Famer and alum Darren Daulton back in town! Dutch will make the ceremonial first pitch, representing the Darren Daulton Foundation, which is committed to providing financial assistance to those who suffer from brain cancer, brain tumors and brain injuries.
All games this series will be presented on Comcast SportsNet, MLB.TV and SportsRadio 94WIP.