The 2015 World Champion Kansas City Royals will host the Atlanta Braves (May 13-15) and Boston Red Sox (May 16-18) during the next homestand. Many great events will occur including Salute to the Negro Leagues Day, Dressed to the Nines (May 15) and Tourism Night (May 17). Fans can also get the Ned Yost bobblehead, the first of the 2015 World Series Commemorative bobbleheads, on May 14. Please note the early start times on May 16 (6:05 p.m.) and May 18 (1:15 p.m.) See below for more details.
Friday, May 13 - Atlanta Braves vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Summer Fireworks - Fans can enjoy the first summer fireworks show of the season, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi, after the game.
Saturday, May 14 - Atlanta Braves vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
- Ned Yost Bobblehead - The first of the 2015 World Series Commemorative Bobblehead Series, Royals Manager Ned Yost's bobblehead will be handed out to the first 20,000 fans, courtesy of Commerce Bank (photo attached).
- 610 Saturday - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for 610 Saturdays featuring live pre-game broadcasts with 610 Sports Royals Insider Josh Vernier and special guests from the Budweiser Studio at Gate A in Left Field. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special - Pepperoni Pizza Roll - for just $6.10 in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Follow 610 Sports Radio on Facebook for the coupon code to purchase special 610 discounted Hy-Vee View tickets. For more information, visit www.royals.com/610Saturday.
Sunday, May 15 - Atlanta Braves vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
- Salute to the Negro Leagues - The Royals and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum pay tribute to Kansas City's rich baseball tradition with this annual salute. Fans can purchase themed tickets for the event which gets them an exclusive Charlie Hustle-brand t-shirt celebrating Negro League heritage (photo attached). $5 of each themed ticket sold will be donated to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. On the field, both teams will wear replica Negro Leagues uniforms that fans can bid on after the game at www.royals.com/NLBM or mlb.mlb.com/auction. Kansas City will wear cream uniforms with navy blue trim, Monarchs block lettering on the front and a KC patch on the left sleeve. Atlanta will wear road gray uniforms with red and navy trim and Atlanta block lettering on the front (photo attached). Additionally, some of the game-worn hats and helmets will be available for auction online, and proceeds from the uniform, hat and helmet auctions will be donated to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.
- Dressed to the Nines - In celebration of the Negro Leagues, the Royals have also partnered with the museum for the third-annual "Dressed to the Nines" event. All fans are encouraged to wear their Sunday best to the game in honor of the tradition of attending Negro Leagues games dressed to the nines!
- Monarchs Fedora - In conjunction with Salute to the Negro Leagues Day, the first 10,000 fans can get a Monarchs Fedora, courtesy of KSHB (photo attached).
- Family FunDay Sunday presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors - Each Sunday home game features pregame interactive kids entertainment plus face painters and caricature or balloon artists in the Outfield Experience. Fans also have the opportunity to get pregame autographs from select players by the Royals dugout. For more information, visit www.royals.com/sunday.
- Skippy Fun Run - All fans 14 and under can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Monday, May 16 - Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 6:05 p.m.
- Value Monday - On select Mondays, Hy-Vee View Level tickets are just $10 (subject to availability), courtesy of Hy-Vee. For more information, visit www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Tuesday, May 17 - Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
- Tourism Night - The first 10,000 fans will receive a KC Attractions Coupon Sheet courtesy of the Greater Kansas City Attractions Association filled with valuable offers from attractions all over town. In addition to in-game prize giveaways, fans can head out to the Outfield Experience to visit various booths and activities regarding area travel and events.
Wednesday, May 18 - Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
- Student Night presented by INK Magazine - Outfield Plaza or Hy-Vee View Level tickets are available for Wednesday home games for youth and students with a valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $10. Select tickets are also available online at www.royals.com/studentnight. Seating is subject to availability. A special pregame Happy Hour, a hot dog and 12-ounce beer or 24-ounce soda for just $8, will be available at the Boulevard Grill (located by the Outfield Experience stage) from the time gates open until 15 minutes before first pitch.
- Local Music Showcase presented by INK Magazine - Catch a free pregame concert on us! Every Wednesday Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Performing during this showcase will be the band MGDs. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.