Angels host Rays and Cardinals in six-game homestand
The Angels return to the Big A for a six-game homestand beginning Friday at 7:05 p.m. vs. the Tampa Bay Rays (Friday, May 6 - Sunday, May 8). Following an off day, the homestand concludes on Thursday, May 12 after a three-game set against the St. Louis Cardinals (Tuesday, May 10 - Thursday, May 12). Below is a look at the notable events, promotions, and giveaways taking place at Angel Stadium during the homestand:
MOTHER'S DAY CELEBRATION
To celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday, various events will be taking place around the stadium. An on-field pregame ceremony by Komen Race for the Cure will involve representatives from the Susan G. Komen Foundation and honorary bat girl Patty Raburn. The team will also take the field with Mother's Day contest winners. Major League Baseball® players will step up to the plate with bright-pink bats this Mother's Day for the 11th consecutive season. Louisville Slugger® and MLB® created the "Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer" initiative in 2006 to support the fight against breast cancer. Together, Louisville Slugger, MLB and its other Mother's Day partners have raised north of a million dollars for breast-cancer charities.
- Rewind, a rock cover band, will be performing in the Music Garden before Friday's game in the third Live Music in the Garden Night.
- School Employee Appreciation Night will have their ceremony prior to the game on Friday with over 60 teachers being recognized.
- Fiesta Angels, presented by State Farm, will take place before the game on Saturday at Angel Stadium from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. under the Big A. The free event will feature live music, games, attractions, a yard sale, and special appearances from current and former Angels players and coaches.
- The Girl Scouts of the USA will have a parade of over 1,500 scouts and a ceremony on the field prior to Saturday's game. They will also have their color guard take the field.
- Fans are invited to stay after the conclusion of Saturday's game and enjoy the latest installment of Saturday Night Fireworks, presented by Wells Fargo, with a striking fireworks display over the right field area.
- The Pujols Foundation will have a ceremony before Tuesday's game involving Albert, his wife Deidre, and half a dozen foundation recipients.
- Winners from the city of Anaheim's Water Awareness Poster contest will participate in an on-field pregame ceremony Wednesday.
GIVEAWAYS (while supplies last)
- Upon entrance to the game on Friday, fans will be given a selfie stick, presented by Farmer John, in an attempt to set a Guinness World Record for largest gathering of people taking selfies. This will be the seventh-straight year the Angels set a world record. The attempt will occur in the top of the fifth inning and last for a minute.
- The first 20,000 adults will receive a Mother's Day beach tote, courtesy of Thermador, after entering Angel Stadium on Sunday.