Festivities for Opening Night, presented by your Local Ford Stores, start at 4:40 p.m. when the gates of Safeco Field open to the general public with a special countdown at the Home Plate Gate with Rick Rizzs, Aaron Goldsmith and the Mariner Moose. All fans will receive a 2016 Mariners magnetic schedule, courtesy of Safeco Insurance.
The pregame ceremony will start at approximately 6:30 p.m. It will be streamed live on Mariners.com and ROOT SPORTS will carry it as part of a live one-hour pregame program beginning at 6:00 p.m.
Here are some of the highlights of the pregame ceremony:
• The traditional ceremonial first run around the bases by a Make-A-Wish® child will feature 13-year old Jesse Bailey of Spanaway, who is being treated for a brain tumor. Jesse will be the first person to "touch them all" on Opening Night.
• National Anthem by United State Marine Corps Captain Skye Martin, Public Affairs Officer for 12th Marine Corps District, San Diego.
• Color Guard by I Corps Command Honor Guard, Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
• Remembrance and moment of silence for Dave Henderson. Hendu, who was the Mariners first-ever draft pick, and played six seasons for the Mariners during his 14 year Major League career, died on December 27.
• American League Silver Slugger presentation to Nelson Cruz.
• Recognition of Rick Griffin, Mariners Head Athletic Trainer/Senior Director of Athletic Training, who has been chosen for induction into the Washington State Athletic Trainers Association Hall of Fame. Griffin has spent 34 years as a member of the Mariners athletic training staff.
Fans are reminded to give themselves plenty of time to pass through walk-through metal detectors at security checkpoints at all gates of the ballpark.
Opening Series Highlights
Tickets for the other five games in the opening homestand are still available online at Mariners.com/Tickets, by phone at 1-888-SEA-HITS, and at the Safeco Field ticket office and Seattle Mariners Team Stores.
Saturday, April 9 (vs. Oakland) is the 14th Annual Salute to Armed Forces Night. The Mariners and The Boeing Company pay tribute to the men and women serving our nation in the military. Specially priced tickets for military heroes and their families start at $12. There will be a special pregame ceremony honoring U.S. Armed Forces members, veterans and support organizations. Commemorative coins will be distributed to the first 10,000 fans following the game. For more information, log onto Mariners.com/Military.
Sunday, April 10 (vs. Oakland Athletics) is the first King's Court of the season. Tickets in the special seating sections in left field, a T-shirt and "K" card are $30, online only at Mariners.com/Felix.
Monday, April 11 (vs. Texas Rangers) is BECU Family Night with specially priced View Level seats. Tuesday, April 12 (vs. Texas Rangers) is Safeco Insurance Grand Slam Family Night package with one low price for a ticket, hot dog and Pepsi. Wednesday, April 13 (vs. Texas Rangers) is a 12:40 p.m. start time.
The best way to get tickets for Opening Night and all the big games is through Mariners season tickets. Full Season and 20-Game Plans are still available, offering discounts of up to 40% off the cost of single-game tickets. Call 206-346-4001 for information.
10-Game Flex Packs
Opening Night tickets are also available with the purchase of a 10-Game Flex Pack. For more information on Flex Packs, call 206-346-4001 or log onto Mariners.com/Flex.