Tigers Announce Opening Day Pregame Festivities
DETROIT - Opening Day festivities at Comerica Park are scheduled to begin 30 minutes prior to the first pitch and include:
- Gates Open: 11:00 a.m.
- Honor Guard Introduction- The United States Air Force Honor Guard features the flags of all five branches of The United States Armed Forces.
- Military Flyover- Two A-10 Thunderbird II "Warthog" aircraft from the 107th Fighter Squadron and part of the 127th Wing located at Selfridge Air National Guard base, MI. The 107th just recently returned from a six month Deployment to Southwest Asia in support of Operation Inherent Resolve in which over 300 Michigan Airmen deployed and all returned safely.
- National Anthem- A Brass Ensemble from the Detroit Symphony Orchestra's Civic Youth Ensembles.
- Ceremonial First Pitch- 1984 World Series Champion, Kirk Gibson.
- Game Ball Delivery- Lieutenant Colonel Justin Tyree of the United States Air Force.
- 300-foot American flag will be unfurled on-field; held by volunteers from the Detroit Metro Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Introductions of the Detroit Tigers and New York Yankees players, managers, coaches and staff.
- First Pitch: 1:10 p.m.