D-backs Announce 2016 Opening Day Festivities
The Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks, @LosDbacks) will open the 2016 season with a series of special pregame events before the D-backs host the Colorado Rockies this Monday at 6:40 p.m. at Chase Field.
Opening Day festivities include:
• Louisville Silver Slugger Award presentation to Paul Goldschmidt
• Wilson Defensive Player of the Year (First Base) award presentation to Goldschmidt
• Rawlings Gold Glove Award presentations to Goldschmidt and A.J. Pollock
• Ceremonial first pitch by Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald
• National anthem sung by Grammy-nominated recording artist David Nail
• Flyover by two F-35s from the 62nd Fighter Squadron's "Spikes" from Luke Air Force Base at the conclusion of the anthem
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy the Opening Day Street Festival. The Opening Day Street Festival will begin at 3:30 p.m. in front of the Gila River Casinos Plaza along 4th Street and Jackson and will feature food trucks, D-backs inflatables, live music and several other activities. Fans can also enjoy La Terraza in the Upper Right Field Concourse before the game, and features a Latin vibe with specialized décor, live music and authentic regional food from local favorites such as El Güero Canelo.
Game Seven Grill (@GameSevenGrill) will open at 1:00 p.m. for fans to enjoy live grilling and outdoor seating. As fans enter the stadium, D-backs staff will hand out 40,000 2016 D-backs Magnet schedules, courtesy of Pepsi.
MCA Nashville and Grammy-nominated recording artist David Nail, considered to have one of the most distinct and powerful voices in country music today, landed on many BEST OF lists including Rolling Stone Country, NPR, iTunes and Billboard with his third album "I'm A Fire." The album's first single, "Whatever She's Got," was a No. 1 certified PLATINUM hit and was named one of the Top 3 country songs by Billboard. His current single "Nights On Fire," from the upcoming new album, "Fighter," is already in Top 25 and climbing the country singles charts.
Limited tickets are still available for Opening Day and the rest of the series against the Rockies (April 4 - 6) and Chicago Cubs series (April 7-10) and can be purchased online at dbacks.com/tickets, by calling 602.514.8400 or at the Chase Field Box Office.