Chase Field, considered by many to be among the most fan-friendly and affordable ballparks in the country, will host its first game of 2016, an exhibition game against the reigning World Series Champion Kansas City Royals, tonight at 6:40 p.m. The Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) home opener for the regular season will take place on Monday, April 4 at 6:40 p.m. against the Colorado Rockies. The D-backs will introduce more additions to the ballpark to enhance the fan experience, highlighted by the new PetSmart Patio and new food and merchandise options with Levy Restaurants and Levy Retail Group.
New food items, as previously announced, include:
- Cheeseburger Dog
- Pit Viper Sandwich
- Po' Boy Sandwich (Vegan)
- Kick'n Chick'n Wrap (Vegan)
- Chile Verde Mac Dog
- Buffalo Chicken Fries
- Stuffed Cheeseburger
- Fried Bread Pudding Bites
- Arizona Farms Grilled Cheese Cart
- Nacho Helmet Cart
- Pepsi Grab 'N Go Spire Machine
- Craft Beer Portable
- Roger Clyne's Mexican Moonshine Tequila Bar
- Club Series Wine Bar
- Cocktails on Tap
- Malibu Rum Bars
PetSmart Patio, as previously announced, features:
- PetSmart Park - an air conditioned dog park
- Dog Days of Summer - available at all 13 Sunday home games and includes room for 4 humans and one dog in private lounge pods
La Terraza, as previously announced, features:
- Fans can enjoy a Latin vibe in the Upper Right Field Concourse that includes specialized décor, live music and authentic regional food from local favorites such as El Güero Canelo.
- La Cueva - new free monthly Spanish game publication which will also be distributed throughout the ballpark
#BudPerfectGame Suite, highlighted by:
- Prime suite location that features items such as a leather couch and chairs, shuffleboard, flat screen TV, autographed Paul Goldschmidt All-Star jersey, autographed baseball signed by all the Opening Day starters
Fans that sit in the suite are eligible to take home any of the items mentioned above in the suite.
Chase Field additions in 2016 include:
- More than 2,000 D-backs half and full season ticket holders' names will be featured on top of the home dugout at Chase Field this season
- Fresh look and feel to the Team Shop with expanded selection featuring the new uniform colors and logos
- Expanded area and new walk-in store location for D-backs Authentics at section 134
- Safelite Auto Glass Foul Ball Frenzy - each fan that catches a foul ball during the second inning can receive a free ball cube courtesy of Safelite at D-backs Authentics
Limited tickets remain for Opening Day and are available by calling 602.514.8400 or online at dbacks.com.