The Tigers five-game homestand to open the season begins when they play host to the New York Yankees on April 8 and 9 at 1:10 p.m. and April 10 at 8:10 p.m. and then welcome the Pittsburgh Pirates on April 11 and 12 at 1:10 p.m.
Be sure to get your Tigers tickets for the Opening homestand and games in 2016 at Comerica Park now! For single game ticket information call 866-66-TIGER. For season, group, parties and suites call 313-471-BALL(2255). For complete ticket information visit tigers.com/tickets.
- SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE IN 2016 -
COMERICA PARK GATES OPEN TWO HOURS PRIOR TO FIRST PITCH ON OPENING DAY
- Gates to Comerica Park will open two hours prior to first pitch on Opening Day and an hour and a half prior to all home games following April 8. Suites and hospitality spaces will be available for entrance two hours prior to the start of games at Comerica Park.
- Fans are encouraged to enter the ballpark earlier on Opening Day to help alleviate delays.
- Upon entering Comerica Park, fans will be required to walk through metal detectors and have their bags searched per the policy of Major League Baseball, the Detroit Tigers and Comerica Park.
GIVEAWAYS, SPECIAL EVENTS, FIREWORKS
- 31 Giveaway dates are scheduled for 2016, in addition to hosting over 60 special events at Comerica Park. These will include special ticket packages, theme nights and cultural celebrations.
- Throughout the 2016 season, the Tigers will recognize the 10-year anniversary of the 2006 American League Championship Team. Players involved in this season-long celebration will participate in a pre-game fan Q&A sessions, and throw out a ceremonial first pitch. Players confirmed to date include Craig Monroe (April 23), Ivan Rodriguez (May 7), Placido Polanco (June 25), Todd Jones (July 30) and Magglio Ordonez (August 6). Additional players will be announced in the coming weeks.
- 10 Postgame Fireworks shows following every Friday night game from May 20 through September 23 and seven editions of Saturday night fireworks from July 16 through September 24, weather permitting.
KIDS OPENING DAY - SUNDAY, APRIL 24
- All kids 14-and-under will receive a Tigers Team Baseball Card Set, courtesy of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
- Twenty-one winning entries will be selected from an Essay Contest with each winner receiving four complimentary game tickets, as well as a special, honorary opportunity to participate in "Kids Opening Day."
- Free rides on the Comerica Bank Carousel and the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, courtesy of Kroger.
- Sunday, April 10 - Miguel Cabrera / J.D. Martinez Silver Slugger bat (All Kids, sponsored by Little Caesars)
- Saturday, April 23 - Detroit Tigers "April in the D" Retro-Style Bobblehead (1st 10,000 fans, sponsored by FOX Sports Detroit)
- Sunday, May 8 - "Mighty Miggy" Children's Book (All Kids, sponsored by Michigan State Police & Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force)
- Tuesday, May 17 - Ian Kinsler Bobblehead (1st 10,000 fans, sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts)
- Sunday, May 22 - Jordan Zimmermann Growth Chart (All Kids)
- Saturday, July 16 - J.D. Martinez Bobblehead (1st 10,000 fans, sponsored by Pepsi)
- Sunday, July 17 - Jose Iglesias Bobblehead (All Kids, sponsored by Belle Tire)
- Sunday, August 7 - Miguel Cabrera "Miggy Bank" Piggy Bank (All Kids, sponsored by Comerica Bank)
NEW KIDS CLUB MIGUEL CABRERA BACKPACK
Get your child excited about baseball and save money on tickets with the Detroit Tigers Kids Club presented by Aquafina, FOX Sports Detroit, and Kroger. The 2016 Tigers Kids Club includes a new Miguel Cabrera backpack and club hat. For just $20, you can enroll your child now at tigers.com/kidsclub and receive discounts and membership benefits all season long.
NEW ITEMS AVAILABLE AT THE D SHOP PRESENTED BY MAJESTIC
- Official 2016 On Field New Era Hats & Majestic Apparel
- Lifestyle Items - Craft Beer Glass selection, Artwork, Dooney & Burke Handbags & more
- Fashion Sunglasses - Oakley & Maxx Sunglasses
- Pandora Charms - 3 styles
- Alex & Ani Bracelets - 2 new styles
- Tommy Bahama Apparel
- Snoopy & Charlie Brown/Tigers co-branded Plush characters
- Star Wars/Tigers co-branded items
- Baseball Mitts and Batting Gloves for youth
Suite Level Exclusive Items & Ballpark Exclusive Items:
- Select Cutter & Buck - Polos & Pullover Jackets are exclusive to Comerica Park
- Columbia Sportwear apparel - Fleece Vests/Fleece Jackets/Short Sleeve and Long Sleeve woven shirts
- Select Under Armour Apparel pieces are exclusive to the Suite Level Stores
Ballpark Exclusive call out items:
- 2016 Opening Day T-shirt & Hat (47Brand)
- 2016 Opening Day Collectors Pins & Baseballs
- Pandora Charms - 3 styles
- Select Under Armour Apparel pieces are exclusive to Comerica Park
- Select Nike Apparel pieces are exclusive to Comerica Park
New Plans for 2016:
- The retail store located at Gate D has been remodeled, upgrading it to a walk-in touch and feel location. Fans can come in and experience a mini D-Shop express!
- Our two story ProShop store, located at Gate B, will showcase an enhanced Majestic Apparel On Field section, select exclusive Nike Apparel, and select exclusive 47Brand Apparel!
NEW MENU ITEMS THROUGHOUT BALLPARK ON NEW DIGITAL MENU BOARDS
- Fried Bologna Sandwich - Fried Bologna grilled banana peppers and onions, served at Section 139.
- Street Nachos- Tortilla Chips served with house made queso blanco, fresh pico di gallo, sour cream, and your choice of barbacoa, chicken, or pork carnitas, served in Section 129.
- Deep Fried Oreos- Fried Oreos topped with powdered sugar and chocolate sauce, served in the Big Cat Court, MI State Fair.
- Brat Pop- Brat Patty battered, fried, and served on a stick, served in the Big Cat Court, MI State Fair.
- Jumbo Corn Dog- Large deep fried corn dog, served in the Big Cat Court, MI State Fair.
- The Downtown Dog- Natural casing Frank topped with house smoked pulled pork, crispy onion straws, jalapeños, and Sweet Barbeque sauce, served in the Big Cat Court, Downtown Area.
- The Mac Daddy Dog- Natural Casing Frank topped with house made mac and cheese, bacon bits, and scallions, served in the Big Cat Court, Downtown Area.
- Quesadilla Wrap- Flour tortilla stuffed with chicken, muenster cheese, grilled onions, and grilled peppers (Vegetarian Option available), served in the Big Cat Court, Mexican Town.
- Cork Town Burger- Hand crafted burger topped with corned beef, kraut, Swiss cheese, and thousand island dressing, served in the Big Cat Court, Cork Town.
- Smokehouse Burger- Hand crafted burger topped with cheddar cheese, house smoked pulled pork, crispy onion straws, jalapenos, and barbeque sauce, served in the Big Cat Court, Cork Town.
- Smokehouse Fries- French fries topped with cheddar cheese sauce, smoked pulled pork, jalapenos, crispy onion straws, and barbeque sauce served in the Big Cat Court, Greektown.
- Grecian- French fries topped with tzatziki sauce, diced cucumber, diced tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, and gyro meat served in the Big Cat Court, Greektown.
- Everything Pretzel Bites- Soft Pretzel bites tossed in everything seasoning and served with queso blanco served at MI Craft.
- The Lenny- Battered pork topped with pepper jack cheese, bacon, jalapenos, pickled red onion, and Dijon mustard Served on a sweet and spicy bun, served at MI Craft.
- GYRO- Lamb gyro meet, red onion, diced tomatoes, and tzatziki sauce served on pita bread, served in the Big Cat Court, Greektown.
- Pork Rind Nachos - Pork Rinds topped with bacon bits, cheese, scallions, and sour cream, served in the Big Cat Court, Midtown.
- Chicken and Waffles- Chicken and Waffles topped with powdered sugar and warm maple syrup, served in the Big Cat Court, Midtown.
- Comerica Park also offers Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Vegan options throughout its food stands to cater to all fans and giving them the complete ballpark experience.
- New Stand Up Bar across from section 123 includes 150 ft x 150 ft video wall and 30 taps with a variety of draught beers.
- 2016 Media Guide - Featuring 10-time All-Star, two-time MVP and Triple Crown winner, Miguel Cabrera.
- 2016 Edition of Team Yearbook - Featuring Miguel Cabrera, Jose Iglesias, Ian Kinsler, J.D. Martinez, Victor Martinez, Justin Upton, Francisco Rodriguez, Anibal Sanchez, Justin Verlander and Jordan Zimmermann.
- Tigers Magazine with Scorecard - Featuring Miguel Cabrera and Justin Verlander
- 2016 publications are available for purchase at tigers.com/publications or by calling 313-471-2061
The Detroit Tigers Authentics Program is entering its 10th season at Comerica Park. Located on the 3rd baseline by section 133, fans can purchase and take home game used baseballs, bases, bats and jerseys from their favorite Tigers players.
Some new items available include.
- Opening Day Bottles of Dirt
- Justin Upton and Jordan Zimmermann autographed baseballs
- Miguel Cabrera historic limited edition plaques
- Opening Day game used bases and baseballs
- J.D. Martinez and Jose Iglesias autographed bats and baseballs
- Autographed/game-used baseball "grab bags" (a fan favorite)
NEW GAMEDAY IN-GAME PROMOTIONS
- Red Robin's What's Brewing? - A fun look at the world of Tigers baseball, from the incredible on field accomplishments to the players' with the most entertaining social media feeds. Comerica Park's in-game hosts curate the best moments from the offseason as well as the current campaign for these quick-moving, light-hearted "news reports".
- 3-Dimensional Services Baseball Firsts - Hear from individual Tigers players as they describe one of the most memorable moments of their career: their first major league hit for position players, and their first strikeout for pitchers. Each player has his own story, running the gamut from a dribbler down the third base line to a walk-off home run in the bottom of the ninth.
- Lay's-Kroger Quarter Minute to Win It - One of Comerica Park's most popular interactive features is back with a whole new set of challenges, including the chance for fans to compete with Tigers players in games of skill.
- Hard Rock Cafe Rockin' Highlights - Tigers Video Production staff put their skills to the test with these quick-moving tributes to individual players.
- Legendary Tigers presented by the McDonald's Mobile App - The Tigers storied history is explored with a special emphasis on the players whose names grace Comerica Park's outfield wall, introducing a whole new generation of Tigers fans to the players who first wore the Old English D with pride.
- Rose Pest Solutions The Buzz - The Tigers hottest prospects are tracked on a regular basis with The Buzz, including video highlights from around the Tigers minor league system.
- Rose Pest Solutions Who's That Little Tiger? - Tigers fans are challenged to identify the day's featured player, starting with a childhood photo as the primary clue.
- In addition, many of the fans' favorite features from last year will return: Comerica Bank Ask the Tigers; Massage Green Spa Dance Contest; Little Caesars Pizza Row; and Hudsonville Ice Cream's Sweet Moments.
NEW AND RETURNING SPONSORS
In 2016, Comerica Park welcomes Lexus as the new sponsor of the Cigar Lounge. In addition, Detroit Tigers Sunday baseball games will now feature Chevy Youth Baseball Sunday Kids Days, which will include fun opportunities for young Tigers fans to learn baseball skills and fundamentals during pregame activities in Columbia Plaza. The Tigers are also excited to announce the updating of the area beneath the scoreboard with the new Chevrolet Pavilion. New partners to the Tigers in 2016 include: T-Mobile, Maxxis Tires, UHY Advisors, Jeff Glover & Associates, Art Van Pure Sleep Stores, Central Garden & Pets, Premo Brands, Lucido Fine Jewelry, and Jack Daniel's as the new sponsor of the Champions Club.
MLB.COM BALLPARK APP
MLB.com Ballpark, an official mobile application available for iPhone and Android smartphones, complements and personalizes your trip to Comerica Park with mobile check-in, social media, offers, promotions, exclusive content and more. Visit tigers.com/ballparkapp or text BALLPARK to 39844 to get the MLB.com Ballpark app. Message and Data Rates may apply.
MLB.COM AT BAT APP
Live Tigers baseball is back in 2016 with MLB.com At Bat on your smartphone or tablet. Stay connected with the Detroit Tigers all season wherever you are with live radio broadcasts, statistics, breaking news and much more. Download the #1 app for live baseball, MLB.com At Bat. Text "At Bat" to 31826 to download it today or visit tigers.com for details.
STAY CONNECTED WITH THE TIGERS ALL SEASON LONG!
Stay up to date on the latest Tigers news by connecting with the club on social media. Find all of the Tigers social media accounts, including the accounts of your favorite players, by visiting tigers.com/connect.
NEW FANTASY EXPERIENCES (Call 313-471-2550 for all experiences and details)
Detroit Tigers Road Trip to Toronto
- July 8-10 2016- Join former Tigers World Series pitcher Dan Petry on a road trip to Toronto to see the Tigers face the Blue Jays
- Includes round trip bus transportation and two nights at a hotel near the ballpark.
Fantasy Camp at Comerica Park
- Take part in a baseball fantasy camp at Comerica Park, September 16-18, 2016
Take Batting Practice at Comerica Park
- Take batting practice off former Tigers World Series pitcher Dave Rozema in a 3 ½ hour on field session on a Friday night or Saturday morning
Tour of Comerica Park
- Take a private behind the scenes tour of Comerica Park
Throw Out the First Pitch At a Tigers Home Game
- Includes INFIELD BOX SEATS and a special meal
Watch Tigers Batting Practice from the field
- Receive four (4) Infield Box tickets and parking in the Tigers garage
- View Tigers batting practice from the infield dirt behind home plate
- Dinner in the Champions Club
- Experience is weather permitting
50/50 CHARITY RAFFLE- STARTING OPENING DAY FRIDAY, APRIL 8
The Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Charity Raffle returns to Comerica Park this season at every Friday and Saturday home game beginning on Friday, April 8, the Foundation's first Opening Day 50/50 Raffle. Again in 2016, the 50/50 Charity Raffle will be held on an electronic platform with volunteers selling raffle tickets through fixed touch-screen terminals and mobile devices. As a result, every transaction will be captured electronically, providing real-time raffle information to displays located throughout Comerica Park. 50/50 Charity Raffle volunteers will be stationed throughout the concourse, at entry gates and at 50/50 raffle terminals selling raffle tickets from the time gates open until the end of the fourth inning. Since 2008, the Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Raffle has raised over $1 million to benefit charities in the greater Detroit community and awarded over $1 million in prizes.
KEEPING KIDS IN THE GAME - MONDAY, AUGUST 1
The 8th Annual Keeping Kids in the Game, the Detroit Tigers Foundation's signature summer fundraiser, is scheduled to be hosted by Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera on Monday, August 1 at Comerica Park. The event features exclusive ballpark and field access including self-guided tours of the home clubhouse, dugout photo station and private fireworks show. In addition, guests enjoy live entertainment, extraordinary auction items, strolling dinner, drinks and cigars in the MotorCity Casino Hotel Tiger Club. Proceeds from the event benefit children health and youth baseball programs through the Detroit Tigers Foundation, Miguel Cabrera Foundation, Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation and University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital. Limited sponsor and ticket packages are available by calling 313-471-2113.
CHARITY JEANS DAY PROGRAM - NEW IN 2016
New in 2016, the Detroit Tigers Foundation has launched a Charity Jeans Day Program, an easy, fun and flexible way for Tigers fans and local companies to support their hometown team and youth baseball. Participating companies can collect $5 donations from employees and all will receive limited edition Detroit Tigers pens. Top fundraising companies will earn autograph prize packs for employees and the top three fundraising companies will take home a custom Detroit Tigers Jersey. For more information, visit tigers.com/jeansday or call 313-471-2113.
SCOREBOARD MESSAGES - PHOTOS NOW INCLUDED
Create a lasting memory at your next Tigers game with a personalized, custom message on the Comerica Park scoreboard for just $100. Now you can take that memory and share it with family and friends, as each purchased message comes with a digital photo of the message on the scoreboard. Messages appear during the end of the fourth inning and photos are sent via email within 10 business days of the game. All proceeds from the scoreboard message program benefit the Detroit Tigers Foundation, an affiliate of Ilitch Charities. For more information, visit tigers.com/scoreboard.
TEAM TIGERS - YOUTH BASEBALL
- Team Tigers is a free online registration program specifically designed to provide new and growing youth baseball/softball programs the resources to help have a successful program.
- Benefits include resource material provided by the Baseball Tomorrow Fund and exclusive Team Tigers wristbands as well as the opportunity to apply for equipment, youth baseball/softball coaching awards, Tigers tickets and additional support from the Detroit Tigers Foundation an affiliate of Ilitch Charities.
- Annually, Team Tigers registers nearly 950 teams and over 12,000 young, aspiring ballplayers.
- Coaches are encouraged to register annually for Team Tigers.
- To register your youth baseball team, visit tigers.com/teamtigers.