The Tampa Bay Rays 2016 season opener on Sunday, April 3 at Tropicana Field against the Toronto Blue Jays is sold out, marking the 11th consecutive season the Rays have sold out their home opener. This is the fourth earliest the Rays have sold out their home opener, behind 1998 (December 6), 2009 (February 26) and 2012 (February 29). It is the longest home opener sellout streak among the Tampa Bay area's major sports franchises.
The game will be televised locally by Fox Sports Sun and nationally on ESPN2. All Rays games are broadcast on WDAE 620 AM/95.3 FM and in Spanish on WGES 680 AM and WAMA 1550 AM. Game time is 4:05 p.m.
Tickets are available for the three remaining games in the season-opening series versus the Blue Jays on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and for the first weekend series of the season versus the Chicago White Sox, April 15-17. The Rays will honor Kevin Kiermaier's 2015 Platinum Glove Award with a pair of premium promotional items for fans that weekend.
All fans will receive a special Kevin Kiermaier Platinum Glove Bobblehead presented by DEX Imaging on Saturday, April 16. That day, Kiermaier will receive his Rawlings Platinum Glove Award, which recognizes the best overall defensive player in the American League, from Rawlings officials prior to the game. The following day, Sunday, April 17, all kids 14 and under will receive a Kevin Kiermaier Glove presented by the Florida Division of Emergency Management. All Rays promotional items are available while supplies last.
Tickets to these dates and all Rays home games can be purchased online at raysbaseball.com, at the Rays Tampa Store at 400 N. Tampa St., the Tropicana Field Box Office or by calling 888-FAN-RAYS.
The Rays are also offering new weekday specials throughout the season including:
- Monday-Military Monday, presented by Tampa Bay Times: For all active-duty military, retired and honorably discharged veterans, the Rays will offer two free tickets for all Monday home games and eight additional bonus dates throughout the season. The Rays are also extending this courtesy to dependents of military personnel including any spouse, child or widow. Military affiliation will be verified through ID.me, a third-party MLB-approved verification service.
- Tuesday-$2 Kids Ticket Tuesday, presented by Morgan Auto Group: For all Tuesday home games, tickets for kids 14 and under are $2 with the purchase of a full-priced adult ticket.
- Wednesday-$2 Hot Dog Wednesday, presented by Kayem Franks: For all Wednesday home games, all-beef hot dogs and 24 oz. Pepsi product fountain drinks at concession stands are just $2 each.
- Thursday-Senior Special, presented by Duke Energy: For all Thursday home games, Press Level tickets for fans 60 years of age or older are only $15.
- Friday-Student Rush, presented by Papa John's: For all Friday home games, students (18 and over) with a valid high school or college ID can purchase lower level tickets for $15.