• Dodger Spring Training info
Frias might start Friday night's game against the Giants or one of the split-squad games on Saturday against Seattle or the White Sox.
• Catcher Yasmani Grandal, who came out of Monday's game in the second inning with an aggravation of a strained right forearm, was scheduled for additional tests on Tuesday. Manager Dave Roberts said after Tuesday night's game he still didn't have the results, but he expected Grandal to play on Thursday.
"It's a little disconcerting," Roberts said. "One day he feels great, the next day he doesn't feel good enough to finish the game. We're going to dig a little deeper.
Grandal, who said he planned to play on Thursday, has said his arms have been fatigued from extra batting practice because he was unable to hit as much as usual during the offseason, when he was healing from left shoulder surgery.
• Scott Van Slyke said his sore hip flexor muscle was improved. He hoped to play by Thursday.
• Yasiel Puig was scratched from Tuesday night's original lineup, but he is not injured. Roberts decided he didn't want Puig to play in three consecutive games.
• Hyun-Jin Ryu threw his first bullpen session in four days and finished with his best velocity since last year's shoulder surgery.
Ken Gurnick is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.