The Pittsburgh Pirates announced today the new Pirates Spring Pass ticket plan, a new mobile-only fan value package for 2016. Designed for on-the-go fans looking for the ultimate value early in the season, the Pirates Spring Pass is available only on mobile devices through the MLB.com Ballpark App and is based upon availability.
The Pirates Spring Pass, via Ballpark App, offers fans access to up to 23 games and guarantees tickets to every single home game in April and May (excluding Opening Day) for a one-time cost of only $99. Ticket locations will vary from game to game based on availability. Packages are available now at pirates.com/SpringPass.
The tickets in the package will be accessed exclusively via the MLB.com Ballpark App, available on ios (7.0 or later) or Android (4.0 or later). Plan holders will receive a text message approximately three hours prior to game alerting them that their tickets are available. Fans then simply accept the tickets and a barcode is sent through the Ballpark app with their ticket location for that day's game. The tickets are non-transferable and nonrefundable.
Here is how it works:
- Download the MLB.com Ballpark App and create an MLB.com account (or login with an existing account) using the same email address used to purchase the Pirates Spring Pass.
- Up to four Spring Passes can be purchased together to ensure seating with a group. But since ticket barcodes cannot be transferred, ticket holders must plan to enter PNC Park with the entire group.
- On March 31, register the passes on the MLB.com Ballpark app for iPhone or Android using the same email address used to purchase the Spring Pass.
- A few hours before first pitch, a text with seat locations for that game will be sent to the mobile phone associated with the plan. Seating locations will vary, based on the game and locations include: Outfield, Grandstand and possibly Standing Room Only.
- Accept seats on the app, scan in with the provided barcode, and enjoy the game.
The package includes a ticket to every April and May home game (excluding Opening Day), including special promotion and giveaways such as Free Shirt Fridays, Fireworks Nights, Kids Days and more. The Spring Pass is supported by iPhones and Android phones. The MLB.com Ballpark app must also be downloaded for use of the ticket package.
To order a 2016 Pirates Spring Pass or for more information including an FAQ about the plan, please visit pirates.com/SpringPass.
For fans who want to ensure that they get their seats for all games on their 2016 wish list, season ticket memberships are also on sale now. Choose from a Full Season Membership, 41-Game Membership featuring every weekend game, and 20-Game Memberships that are designed around the best games of the season. Fans can visit pirates.com/memberships for more information. Individual game tickets are on sale at the PNC Park Main Box Office, online at pirates.com/tickets or by calling 1-877-893-2827.