PITTSBURGH -- ROOT SPORTS will broadcast a network-record 12 Pirates games in March, the club announced Thursday.
Their Spring Training broadcast schedule begins March 4, when the Pirates host the Twins at McKechnie Field in Bradenton, Fla. The Pirates' full regular-season broadcast schedule will be announced soon, the club said, and nearly every game will be broadcast on ROOT SPORTS, 93.7 the Fan and pirates.com.
Fans also can watch more than 250 Spring Training games, with no local blackout restrictions, with an MLB.TV offseason subscription.
Three broadcasts this spring -- on March 4, 26 and 27 -- will include 30-minute pregame and postgame shows. ROOT SPORTS also plans to air new episodes of "Inside Pirates Baseball" and "Pirates Playback" rebroadcasts of memorable 2015 games each Sunday night through Feb. 28.
The Pirates' first Grapefruit League game is March 1 against the Tigers at Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland, Fla. Their McKechnie Field opener, also against the Tigers, is scheduled for 1:05 p.m. ET on March 2.
Here is the complete list of home spring games to be broadcast on ROOT SPORTS:
- Friday, March 4 vs. Minnesota
- Sunday, March 6 vs. Houston
- Monday, March 7 vs. Philadelphia
- Wednesday, March 9 vs. Boston
- Friday, March 11 vs. Tampa Bay
- Sunday, March 13 vs. Detroit
- Thursday, March 17 vs. New York
- Wednesday, March 23 vs. Baltimore
- Saturday, March 26 vs. Tampa Bay
- Sunday, March 27 vs. Baltimore
- Monday, March 28 vs. Minnesota
- Wednesday, March 30 vs. Boston
Adam Berry is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter at @adamdberry. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.